• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Downloads to Firefox but not Safari--Why???

Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some unknown reason my Adobe Flash Player stopped working.  I followed all the instructions and managed to get the 10.3 Flash Player downloaded so that it would work with my Firefox browser. But when I tried to  use my Safari browser to access YouTube a message said that I'd have to install Adobe Flash Player..  So I followed the instructions again, and a message said that "installation ws successful" yet when I tried to see videos on YouTube with Safari it claimed that I had not installed the Flash Player.  I am using OS X5.8. The only

change I made in my system was switching from Java 5.0 to Java 6.0.  Would that have any impact on the Flash Player installation?  Thank you very much for your help.

Lew Schneider [email address removed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the discussion on this thread : http://forums.adobe.com/message/4064043#4064043

Also, there could be other threads on the Flash Player forum that could help you.(http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer?view=discussions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wabanrail wrote:

The only change I made in my system was switching from Java 5.0 to Java 6.0.  Would that have any impact on the Flash Player installation?

Java is not in any way related to Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines