• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do dual-core proccessors count for minimum spec on Flash Player 11?

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the minimum specs for Adobe Flash Player 11 on a Windows computer it needs a 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor.  The majoriity of our computers run dual core, or indeed quad core processors, but each core is less than 2.33Ghz. 

My question is this, does the minimum spec of 2.33GHz apertain to each core or is it the total of all the cores i.e. a dual core 2.25Ghz = 4.5GHz processing power, therefore a dual core 2.25GHz would meet the minimum spec?

Another question regarding minimum specs, does the 128MB graphics memory have to be dedicated RAM i.e. VRAM, or can it be shared RAM?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

My question is this, does the minimum spec of 2.33GHz apertain to each core or is it the total of all the cores i.e. a dual core 2.25Ghz = 4.5GHz processing power, therefore a dual core 2.25GHz would meet the minimum spec?

Works on a 2.27GHz i5, try 11.1 on a computer and see how it works.  If it does not, try the 11.2 beta which can multithread cores.

Another question regarding minimum specs, does the 128MB graphics memory have to be dedicated RAM i.e. VRAM, or can it be shared RAM?

No, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over 100 views, 5 days and no replies.  Surely this isn't a difficult questions for the mods to answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works on a 2.27GHz i5, try 11.1 on a computer and see how it works.  If it does not, try the 11.2 beta which can multithread cores.

No, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to find a new computer in 2011 that ISN'T 1. a dual-core or quad-core processor, and 2. a 64-bit OS, and 3. has at least 256mb of DDR video ram that ISN'T shared with the PC RAM.

I'm running FP 11 on a three year old ASUS EeePC netbook with a single core ATOM processor, win XP (SP3) 1GB of RAM (PC-RAM) and 128mb of MoBo based DDR VRAM... and it runs just fine.

Processor speed in the minimm requirements is OVERALL speed, be it one, two, four or eight cores.

If someone is still using a PC that shares PC Ram with the video, odds are it's too old to run anything never than Flash Player 6 anyway.

You should be OK with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help.  I will report back if I find any issues with the deployment to 1500 devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - I have succesfully deployed Adobe Flash Player 11.1 to a HP dc7700 SFF which has a Intel Core2Duo running at 1.83GHz, therefore I can confirm that it appears the minimum spec is indeed the total of the processing power of the CPU, not each individual core.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was a bit curious about that too. So I dusted off an old single core machine I built back in 2005 which has an AMD 3800+ CPU with a stock speed of 2.4GHz and only 1GB RAM. I had to replace the video card on it a couple of years back, but because I only keep it as a spare, I didn't invest in a high powered card and just installed an 8400GS which doesn't even have a fan.

But after updating the graphic drivers to v285.58 and the Flash player to 11.1.102.55, I was able to run Youtube videos full screen without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines