Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Breadcrumb Home Link

Participant ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH9 | Merged WebHelp

Does anyone know if it's possible to hard-code the URL used by the breadcrumb Home link?

The reason I ask is that when I launch a child project and click Home I'd like RH to display the default topic for my merged WebHelp, but with the full merged TOC, instead of just displaying the default topic and retaining the TOC of the child project?

Thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the child topic is being launched directly rather than via its start page, then you can have part of what you want.

When you generate the help there is an option to display the full TOC for child projects. The idea is that when a child project is opened, the full TOC is displayed. Unfortunately it only works when a child topic is called directly, not when you open the child project through its start page.

The fact that calling the full TOC worked that way was only discovered recently by someone else and I don't know if the Home button then takes you to the parent default topic. You will have to test that and please post back what happens.

If it fails, there is only one thing I can suggest. Create a new default topic and give it file name like redrabbit.htm as that will not be anywhere in your project. Create a new output and then use a find and replace tool such as FAR to see if you can find that filename in any of the files that RoboHelp creates in the output. Maybe by editing that file you can achieve what you want.

Needless to say, experiment using a copy of your project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After some playing around it's possible to get the desired behaviour; You need to edit the MasterData.xml to point to the default topic of the parent project and then add target=\"_top\" >" to the strTrail var in the AddMasterBreadcrumbs function in whtopic.js. Copy these edited files to each child project's output and it seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp