• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5.5 crashes at the loading start-up, looking for a solution

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have install Adobe Captivate 5.5 on my computer, but it crashes at the start-up, it stops at this step:

cpt.jpg

I waited many times a lot of time and it stopped at this step

I have Windows 7 professional 64 bit on my laptop

conf.jpg

I mention here that I tried on another laptop with the OS and it works.

Please help me to solve this problem.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Captivate installed on your system? It will not work from a network drive.

Did you start it as administrator (right-click on the shortcut to do this)?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is installed correctly on my c: partition

I run it as administrator also but I have the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in a corporate IT environment?

If so, does your workstation still have your My Documents folder on the PC hard drive, or is it corporate policy to have your My Documents as a virtual folder somewhere else?

Is there anything at all unusual or different about your PC setup that you can think of?  Captivate assumes that your install will be more or less the same as a person's home computer (even though we KNOW that is NOT going to be the case in many corporate environments).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is independent, my laptop has a normal installing and, I have access to all folders that are in the same hard drive on my compute. Also I'm the administrator of the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then my suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had do it two times, but the problem still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your Captivate install into C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5.5 or C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5.5?

If it installed into the latter, that might be causing your issue.  Captivate 5.5 is 32bit app and on a 64bit system it should install into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5.5

Have you tried renaming your Captivate Preferences folder at: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Adobe\Captivate 5.5

Rename the Captivate 5.5 folder shown at the end of this address to Captivate 5.5 OLD or something and then restart Captivate again.  It will recreate the folder with a fresh set of Preferences and if the old Preferences were somehow corrupted, this might resolve your issue.

Beyond this, I think you may need to contact Adobe Support directly and get them to debug the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RodWard for your effort

The application is installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5.5. I tried to do the steps you mentioned in your reply, but it stills the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got a solution to this yet? I am having the EXACT same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on projects on your local PC hard drive or on a network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed it on my local pc! I am using Windows 7 -64Bit. Every time I launch Captivate it freezes at the same point stated above. I have also tried all of what is stated above! Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not referring to where you installed Captivate, but where you are saving your Captivate project files (CPTX files).

Are you saving them and working on them on your local PC hard drive or are these files stored on a network drive?

Have you set Captivate up to Run As Administrator?  (Note: The fact that you have administrator rights to your computer is NOT the same as setting a program to Run As Administrator.  Google for information about how to do this if in doubt.)

If you are on a Windows 7 64bit computer, did you install Captivate to the C:\Program Files directory or to C:\Program Files (x86) directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard,

this is my first time using Captivate so i dont even have any project files yet. Trying to launch for first time and it freezes at loading boot image as stated above. Yes i have set it to run as administrator and yes it is installed in the correct folder (x86).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've tried everything else, the link Andy supplied is your best bet.  Look at the info in that thread and try removing or reinstalling your fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks mate, will give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Would it be possible to hear an update regarding this problem as I am in the same boat?

In 3 different PC's I am unable to open Cp5 as it is "stuck" on loading when I run the .exe as administrator.

I tried deleting the preferences folder too and re-installing it many times in multiple systems (i.e. Windows7-64bit with 16Gigs of RAM, and Windows Vista-32bit with 4 Gigs of RAM).

I just wanted to check here before I contact Adobe and create a ticket with them.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Carlos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources