• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 ePub script error - "Expected: ;"

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I downloaded the ePub script for RoboHelp 8. (We don't have RoboHelp 9.) I was able to import the script and get 7za in the default location so I didn't have to modify the script file, but when I try to run the script, I get this error:

Expected: ;

I have tried Debug in the script editing window and find that it yields the same error and highlights this line:

Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 15:27:25 -0600

The entire line is highlighted in orage, but Dec is specifically highlighted in blue. Any ideas as to why I get the error and can't run the script?

Thanks,

Tammy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

I found the problem, which was in how I saved the downloaded file. So the problem was me, not the script. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There's a command that is not properly ended with a semicolon. I wouldn't advise debugging that script as it's very limited. Try my eBook generator script: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/ebookgenerator It's the RoboHelp 9 script plus optional Kindle creation.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the script you recommended requires a lot of extras that I would have to have approved here to run. Does anyone have an answer to the error in the original Adobe script? I am really just trying this out and don't want to install a lot of extra things for that. I'd like to start by seeing what I could do with the Adobe script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, that's true. For RH8 you need the LibIconv, there's not much I can do about that.

I can't find the line you indicated in the script. You are using the RH8 script provided on the Adobe blog right? What is the line number that the error occurs?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I downloaded the script from http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2010/04/robohelp_script_to_generate_epub_format_content_for_mobile_d.... The error occurs in line 3, which starts "Date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the problem, which was in how I saved the downloaded file. So the problem was me, not the script. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp