• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrated to new iMac- CS4 gives fatal error

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the migration assistant to move files and apps from my old laptop to a new iMac that is running Mac OS X 10.7.2. WHen I try to open a file in Photoshop I get the following error:

fatal Error- missing component

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS4/Client/4.0.0/VersionCue.framework

I saw some posts about Version Cue etc but I'm not sure what is what with that. I tried to uninstall and I get an errro message so I can't even do that now. I am stuck.

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

LMGehling honestly I would recommend starting from the beginning again.  Some of the worst support issues I have experienced with customers is when they have used the Migration Assistant/EZ transfer type solutions.  The migration should go a lot faster if you tell it to only transfer settings and documents. 

You can try manually removing the items related to Adobe on your system.  They should primarily be located in the following locations:

Library/Application Support/Adobe

User/<UserName>/Library

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LMGehling I would recommend removing the Adobe applications and reinstalling the applications from the install media.  The migration assistant is great for documents and settings but can be problematic when it comes to transferring applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely get that it would have been more appropriate to not use the migration assistant. But now when I try to uninstall CS4 I get an error message. Startup Error: Required support files are missing.  So I don't think I can uninstall and I can't go forward. I could completely start all over again but it took 16 hours to use the Migration Assistant so I would prefer to not use the Time Machine to wipe everything out.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LMGehling honestly I would recommend starting from the beginning again.  Some of the worst support issues I have experienced with customers is when they have used the Migration Assistant/EZ transfer type solutions.  The migration should go a lot faster if you tell it to only transfer settings and documents. 

You can try manually removing the items related to Adobe on your system.  They should primarily be located in the following locations:

Library/Application Support/Adobe

User/<UserName>/Library Application Support/Adobe

Applications/

Applications/Utilities/Adobe/Adobe Installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had exactly the same problem and followed the above reccomendations.

Now when I try and install CS4 it gives me a start up error and tells me that required resources are missing?

Note, I do also have Photoshop CS5 on this computer which migrated without any problems. I just need CS4 for InDesign, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evad7691 did you try formatting your drive and only transfering over the documents and settings and then reinstalling your applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm getting the same exact error after using Apple's migration tool to sync up my files to a new Macbook.  I no longer have the CD for CS4, but I do have the license key, would you be able to post a link to the dmg file so that I can install it via electronic rather than hard medium?

thx,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you follow all 7 steps you can dl a trial here:  http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

and activate with your serial.

if you have a problem dl'g, you didn't follow all 7 steps.  the most common error involves failing to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 (which adds a cookie to your system enabling you to download the correct version from adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines