• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading Adobe Flashplayer - Upgrading

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to upgrade to the latest version of Flashplayer. I am running Windows Vista and have never had a problem before. It tells me that the new version has installed successfully, yet when I try to play a video, it asks me to download the latest version again, and so we go around in a circle. Please someone help?? I have even tried to uninstall the old version, but it makes no difference. I have also checked and the associated program is enabled, so I am at a loss to know where to go from here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What browser are you using to play video? Have you tried to use a different browser? It could be permissions issue or it could be browser issue. Is flash player showing up on your list of installed programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the new version of Flash player is listed in the instams, but has not appearred as an icon in the desktop, whereas, I uninstalled Adobe Reader, by mistake and installed in again without a problem and the icon was immediately showing in my desktop. I imagine that the Flash player has installed, but has not become activated. How can I proceed from here please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't told us what browser you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am using Internet Explorer 7. I have still not been able to get Flashplayer working. It is still telling me it has downloaded successfully, but it isn't working although it is listed in the programs (but not in the desktop), so I assume it needs to be activated, but how?It is still driving me mad!! Please help.M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Tools | Add-ons, can you see Shockwave Flash Object, and is it enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is enabled, definitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let you know that someone suggested going to Tools and Safety and disabling ActiveX while I downloaded and it has worked, so thanks for all your help.Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scotmart99 wrote:

Tools and Safety and disabling ActiveX

ActiveX Filtering does not exist on IE7; that feature has only been introduced with IE9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case I must have got the wrong Internet Explorer because all is working fine now.M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get Flashplayer working on Explorer.  Under Safety, I had Active X Filtering checked.  Once I disabled Active X Filtering, I uninstalled Flashplayer then reinstalled it.  Flashplayer has ben working normal since.  Hop this helps you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did what you said and it has downloaded so I can now play videos.Thanks again, Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue.  It works on Chrome but not on IE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trebors86 wrote:

Im having the same issue.

Obviously not; please start your own topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines