• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error extracting the product installer for trial downloads

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-- I tried to download the trial version of Creative Suite Design Premium last night. Waited the two+ hours for the process, and at the end I got the message "Error exracting the product installer (Error 101). Check for available disk space on your system and try downloading the product again." Because it was by then late, I left it and came back to it today. I assumed that the CS was too big for my system, so I decided to just install the two products I really want, Photoshop CS Extended, and Illustrator, separately. Unfortunately, I got the same error messages. Tried the troubleshooting advice to no avail. My computer has plenty of disk space available (1.34 TB of free space -- clearly enough!). Any other advice you can offer me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

I found my answer in a previous thread on the Forum -- it worked for me.

Here it is:

41. Nov 8, 2011 6:50 AM (in response to stevedolan)

Re: CS5.5 Download Assistant Error 101     

Ok, the problem is solved! 

Go to: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html.  This is the direct link that downloads any Adobe CS5.5 file without the help of the Adobe Download Assistant software.  Read and follow the instructs exactly on this siteVery Important:  MAKE SURE TO SIGN

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.34 TB of free space -- clearly enough!). Any other advice you can offer me?

...and possibly too much, throwing off the installer's own metrics. Downsize your partition smaller than 1 TB using your disk management and assign the space that is unused to another new partition.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that seems counterintuitive and doesn't really make sense to me, but if no one has any better ideas, I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found my answer in a previous thread on the Forum -- it worked for me.

Here it is:

41. Nov 8, 2011 6:50 AM (in response to stevedolan)

Re: CS5.5 Download Assistant Error 101     

Ok, the problem is solved! 

Go to: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html.  This is the direct link that downloads any Adobe CS5.5 file without the help of the Adobe Download Assistant software.  Read and follow the instructs exactly on this siteVery Important:  MAKE SURE TO SIGN IN or CREATE A FREE ADOBE ID IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DONE SO.  If not, you will get a message saying "access denied" or "resume your download", and thus, preventing the connection.

Once the files have downloaded (2 files in total), extract the files to your desktop. 

Once the extraction process has been completed, click on the "Setup Bootstrapper Application" installer file in the extracted folder and that should manually open the Installation screen.  Just follow the installation instructions, and everything should work!  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines