• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registering Schema in Oracle from ColdFusion

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2006 Sep 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a heck of a time trying to send the contents of an XSD file from Coldfusion through a Stored Procedure to Oracle and have it register successfully. I keep getting the error message "An error was encountered - -31020 -ERROR- ORA-31020: The operation is not allowed, Reason: invalid characters in path name ". I am using the CF XMLParse function to parse the XSD into a XML Document variable. After some processing, I pass the ToString() value of the XML variable to the procedure using cf_sql_clob as the sqltype. For some reason unforseen to me, there are some invalid characters within the passed value which causes the Oracle DBMS_XMLSCHEMA.registerSchema() function to fail. At first I thought there was a problem with the XSD contents but I was able to successfully register the same file strictly using a Oracle stored procedure without any interaction with CF. I've tried several different things such as changing the data type in both the CF call and the procedure parameters. I also tried to use cffile to read to contents and pass the value directly to the procedure without using any XML functions. Since I was able to register the XSD, I'm assuming it's not a problem with the contents of the file. Anyone have any ideas on why it's not working? Thanks in advance. Here's the code I'm using for both:
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for missing some info. I am using CF MX 7 and Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I still haven't figured out the issue but I do have an update which may narrow the problem down. I added a dump of the contents of my XML doc within the CF code posted above. I copied the contents of the dump [ToString(xsdDoc)] from the page and pasted it into the attribute for the stored procedure when running it in Oracle (SQL Developer). If I do it this way the registerSchema function will work. So, it seems to me there is a problem with the data passed in the <cfprocparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_clob" type="in" value="#ToString(xsdDoc)#"> parameter. Am I using to correct sqltype? I tried changing the value but I still get the same Oracle error. Starting to get frustrated. Anyone have any insight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation