Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player problems

Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a message that I need to install the latest Adobe Flash Player but my computer says it is already installed. What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a same boat. Lately Flash Player has been giving me alot of problems, either stopping mid play and glitching out, getting the exclamation mark and unable to play anything or saying I need to install the latest Adobe Flash Player which my computer already has installed. When I attempt to install if stops at 50% and says unable to complete and asks to close internet explorer. Even if I close it, it never completes. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

neotopia wrote:

I'm on a same boat. Lately Flash Player has been giving me alot of problems, either stopping mid play and glitching out, getting the exclamation mark and unable to play anything or saying I need to install the latest Adobe Flash Player which my computer already has installed. When I attempt to install if stops at 50% and says unable to complete and asks to close internet explorer. Even if I close it, it never completes. Can anyone help?

This is most likely caused by your AV. These days, security apps incorporate web shields, file shields and similar options which are enabled by default. File scanners in particular are problematical because they don't differentiate between genuine apps and malware. So as soon as you attempt to install Flash, the file scanner springs into action which interferes with the installation process. This leads to file corruption and the installation fails.

What I suggest you do here is to download the Flash uninstaller and remove the current installation first of all. But disable your AV file shields first. Do you have AVAST installed? If so, right click the orange Avast icon in systray and choose to disable all shields for one hour. If you have a different AV installed, then look for a similar option to disable it before you run the Flash uninstaller.

Like Carl mentioned, we need specific details concerning your machine in order to help you properly which you haven't provided unfortunately. So I can only give you cursory instructions here. I'm going to assume you have a Windows machine though. Here's what to do.

1. Download the uninstaller from here but choose to "Save" it somewhere you can find it easily again. Do not choose "Run" if using IE8 or 9: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
  2. Close the browser and run the uninstaller.
  3. Once the uninstallation process completes, reboot.
  4. When the PC reboots to the desktop, disable your AV shields again.
  5. If you have a 32-bit system, download this file in Internet Explorer 8 or 9: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax_32bit.exe If you have 64-bit version, download this one instead: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax_64bit.exe
  6. When you see the prompt, choose "Run" to install immediately.

Here are some examples where this approach worked:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines