• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not a recognized Help Project File

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2008 Sep 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to address two problems which together have me 'dead in the water'.

First, I am unable to open any RoboHelp HTML Project file. Attempting to do so produces the following message: The file "filename.xpj" is not a recognized Help Project file and cannot be opened.

Second, every attempt to create a new Project produces the following result: An Adobe RoboHelp 7 message box opens, explains the RH7 has encountered a problem and needs to close - sorry for the inconvenience. The 'more information' link identifies utilities.dll as the module name - I tried registering the dll but it has no entry point. Anyway, clicking OK crashes RH.

I've tried searching for the first condition but the forum's search engine is down. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2008 Sep 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This was a problem seen in an earlier version and the cause was never really identified. However, some solutions were found and these are in Snippets on my site.

Haven't heard of it for a while now though and certainly not with RH7.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp