• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My CS5.5 MC serial not accepted even after installing with FB 4.6

Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

My CS5.5 MC serial number is not accepted by FB 4.6 even after start it in trial mode as suggested here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/924/cpsid_92402.html

Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Glad to know that.

Can you please mark this post as answered?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read elsewhere that Adobe won't allow you to have the free upgrade if you have a suite of installs (like the master collection). They want you to wait, maybe 6 months, until they add it to a paid upgrade...then you can get it. This is rediculous that a user that only owns FB can get the free upgrade and we others who paid for the entire master collection cannot.

I hope others will add their two cents worth here so that Adobe will understand that they are pissing off the users who spend the most money with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even chatted with adobe, but they told me to contact the technical support, but I don't know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this on installing it. It didn't work for me, I think because I didn't uninstall FB 4.5 first. I'm afraid if I uninstall I will lose settings in my current project, so I am going to try again when I am further along. Let us know if you try it and it works:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/924/cpsid_92402.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i wrote, I tried what that kb says but it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is MC (CS 5.5) already installed on your computer? If so, does it have FB 4.5 also installed as part of it? If FB 4.5 is already installed (either as point product or as part of CS 5.5), you need to uninstall FB 4.5 before installing FB 4.6

After uninstalling FB 4.5, run FB 4.6 installer. Instead of enterning the CS 5.5 MC serial number during installation of FB 4.6, install FB 4.6 as a trial first.

Are you able to launch FB after installing as above?

Is MC serialized already on your machine? Then FB would pick up that serial number automatically and work like a premium version.

If not, it would show the serial number screen when you launch FB 4.6 and it would then accept MC 5.5 serial number.

Please follow the above steps in the same order and let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it and it didn't work... I'll give it another try today...

Could it be because my serial number is for an Italian version of the MC and FB is only in english?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be the probable reason.

Please install FB in trial mode by selecting the same language as that of MC and then enter the MC serial number upon launching FB.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled FB 4.6 and reinstalled it in Italian (I installed it in English the first time because even if you choose Italian, the interface is in english, so I thought it was the same) and it seems to works because when I launched it it didn't ask for serial number...

There's a way to know exactly if it is registered or not? Because in the about dialog box there is not written anything and in the help menu the "Deactivate Flash Builder..." is grayed out, but it was grey even when it was in trial mode

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First launch of Flash Builder might show "Deactive Flash Builder..." grayed out. But any subsequent launch should enable that menu item if the product is successfully serialized.

Please let us know whether relaunch enables the menu item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes now it is enabled!

I think the product is registered!!!

Thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to know that.

Can you please mark this post as answered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines