• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download newest version of FlashPlayer on Windows XP Error 508.2

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP, unable to download newest FlashPlayer version. Error 508.2 Web Acceleration Client error. DNS response error???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eyelady are you using some type of download manager?  It sounds like that might be what is interferring?  Could try downloading Flash player using a different web browser?  For example if using Internet Explorer try Firefox or Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the installer from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

If you still have problems, please specify what browser you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Haven't had the problem before. Even the links provided give me the same Web Acceleration error. I assume it is because I have satellite internet through HughesNet. But I don't know why it is doing it now. I have had similar issues lately with some other update downloads, i.e. Chrome and Suitcase.

I am on a Mac. Same problem with the auto-update, using Firefox and Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Error 508.2 is an error that usually shows up when your Internet connection is not consistent during a download process.

It is possible that the connection is being intermittently stopped at the server for some reason.

I would recommend you to contact your Internet Service Provider to get this issue fixed and then try downloading Flash Player.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

handygal wrote:

I am having the same problem. Haven't had the problem before. Even the links provided give me the same Web Acceleration error. I assume it is because I have satellite internet through HughesNet. But I don't know why it is doing it now. I have had similar issues lately with some other update downloads, i.e. Chrome and Suitcase.

I am on a Mac. Same problem with the auto-update, using Firefox and Safari.

Disable your antivirus before you attempt to download or install. Most AV apps these days have file scanners which scan automatically when you attempt to download or install a program. This interferes with the installation process and causes it to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xircal,

I have a Mac. I don't have AntiVirus.

Anyway, I tried downloading again today and it decided to work. I still have to figure out what is slowing down my computer. Thanks for the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

handygal wrote:

Hi Xircal,

I have a Mac. I don't have AntiVirus.

Anyway, I tried downloading again today and it decided to work. I still have to figure out what is slowing down my computer. Thanks for the suggestions.

Complacency will not protect you if you inadvertently install a virus on your Mac. See: http://blog.intego.com/intego-security-memo-%E2%80%93-september-26-2011-mac-flashback-trojan-horse-m...

You can download a free 30 trial AV for your machine from: http://www.intego.com/ Run a full system scan afterwards. Even if it doesn't find anything, it'll at least give you peace of mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines