• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will the Flash Player 10 still receive Security Updates?

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Security Update for Flash Player did not mention any issues with Version 10. Will Flash Player 10 still receive updates or do we have to switch to Version 11?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there will be any more updates to Flash Player 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks for answering. But is this an official answer? Never seen a statement regarding this, neither in the adobe security blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the official answer.  But since Flash Player 11 replaces version 10, I don't see any reason for Adobe to maintain v10.

Is there any reason why you need to keep v10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i don't see a reason to stay with version 10. But this is not my descision. We have a product management for the Clients, but i didn't hear anything of a change request by them, even not after the latest security updates. So that's why i'm worried a bit since i got 5000 Clients with version 10.

Anyways thanks for your efforts. I will follow the thread you posted and bug the PDM meanwhile to get into gear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same question so also watching this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there was a security update to FP10 on Nov 10; see http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-28.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. Just deployed the update to our Clients on monday but forgot to reply. *tippin hat*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We saw that but we'd like to know if Adobe's planning to release any more security updates after 10.3.183.11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can someone from Adobe please answer if you guys are planning to release any more Flash 10 updates after 10.3.183.11?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines