Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing images on Word imported document

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working with the trial version of RoboHelp 9.0, trying to evaluate it for my company before we go ahead and purchase it.

I'm trying to import a Word document and then export it into a .chm file.

Once I import the word document (.doc or .docx) SOME of the (jpg) pictures are not imported.

I noticed they are actually not copied into the project folders along with the other pictures.

The only thing I can do is add them manually after import and that a long long task...

I tried some recommendations I found on the forums (regarding the Advanced->Web Options… and picture Wrapping Style: In line with text) but without any help.

What would you recommand?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to clarify whether they were not imported or simply not showing in Project Manager, which does happen.

If you create the CHM, are the images missing?

Are they in the folder if you look in Windows Explorer?

If yes, then rename the folder the images are in by right clicking, then change it back to the name you want. Probably on the first change, the images will be listed.

If not, post back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

1) When I look at the project folder using Windows Explorer I can clearly see that the missing pictures are NOT there. For some reason they are not copied as the rest of the pictures.

2) On the Project Manager I see empty rectangulars with the missing image name on the upper left corner (for example: [Image P5.jpg]).

3) When I create the CHM file these pictures are simply missing, with no other sign on the document.

4) I didn't find any difference between the missing pictures and the other which are imported correctly... However I'm new to RoboHelp so I may be doing something wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mentos1,

Can you please verify one thing and get back.

On saving Word document as .html through word and opening the html in browser does it shows up those images.

If you could share the sample word document with images then it might be easier to identify the issue

Regards

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboAsh,

1) On saving Word document as .html through word and opening the html in browser these pictures DO show up.

2) It looks like all the missing pictures are LINKED PICTURES. On my local drive these pictures are located in the same folder of the Word document, but in the import process they are ignored.

Is there anything I should configure differently in Word/RoboHelp in order to import these linked pictures?

3) I noticed that in the import process some of the key words are imported/created while others are ignored and I have to add them manually.

Again, Is there anything I can configure differently in Word/RoboHelp in order to import ALL the keywords?

Thanks,

Mentos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another question regarding the compiled CHM files:

I'm using a programing tool to jump from one topic to another in the compiled CHM file.

The topic is displayed just fine but the content on the left side stays closed and doesn't open accordingly.

Is there anything I should configure during the import or export processes to enable this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images need to be embedded in the document, linking will not bring them in. I believe there is a Word option to convert from linked to embedded images.

As to your other questions, it really is best to keep a thread limited to a single question, or at least related questions. People who can answer one part may not be able to assist with all and maybe put off answering at all. Also it makes it easier for others searching for an answer later to the same problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK,

I found the Word option for embedding linked pictures (For Word 2010 it's under File tab --> Edit Links to Files on the right-hand side).

After doing this all pictures are imported correctly.

Thanks for that.

I'll post the other question in a new thread.

BR,

Menatos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp