6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2011 7:29 PM by the_wine_snob

Help please

sogo67sogo Level 1

As a new user of Premier Elements 10 I am having difficulty burning my finished project onto DVD. Instead of just the completed project (including trimming, transitions and titles) transfering to disc I also have the original file without edits and including clips that I don't want in my finished project!  The media transfers perfectly onto disc but instead of a nicely edited movie I have first to play through the complete file with all the unwanted clips . Obviously there is something that I should be doing first to make sure I end up with a DVD of the finished movie only and as a complete novice I would be grateful for any help.  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Help please
          nealeh Level 5

Sounds like you've added the same clip twice to the project. Maximise the window and press the backslash key [\]. This will fit your whole project timeline to the window. Does it show the clip twice?

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Help please
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Sounds like you have some "Orphans." This ARTICLE will give you some background, and ways (just as Neale says) to address them.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Help please
              sogo67sogo Level 1

Thank you Nealeh and Bill for your advice which I have followed and am pleased to say that my problem is no more. I have now burned a simple but pleasing movie to a DVD without any unwanted clips.         (and yes nealeh I like your quote in fact I had this quote stuck on my kitchen wall for many years when my children were young, the same children now have their own kids and know how true it is !!)

• 4. Re: Help please
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news, and very glad that you were able to complete that Project.

Happy editing and good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Help please
                  nealeh Level 5

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

I first used my signature tag around 1992/93 and have found no reason to change it - even though my youngest is now 17. In fact I might say that it is more relevant now than when they were young !!!

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: Help please
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Your youngest is 17?!?!? You must have married very young, and your wife, barely out of diapers! You cannot have a youngest child at 17. I will just not believe that.

Thanks for all that you do in this forum, regardless of how young you were, when you were married!

Hunt