Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Virus Help

Level 1

Hello, i recently had an adobe program ( reader i think ) pop up in a UAC box asking for permission to update. I clicked "no" because i was doing something else at the time. As soon as i would press "no", it would pop up again. So i hit yes, it installed in a few seconds, and now i have a virus. Some sort of "Win 7 Antivirus" program. I tried to update my adobe program via flash drive ( since the virus will not let me use the internet ) but the virus stopped that as well. I did a full system virus scan using Avast!, alot of adobe files came up in the temp directory, but Avast stated they were protected so it couldnt do anything about it.

Is there a fix for this?

Adobe Reader version: Not sure

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hey there. I just crushed this virus five minutes ago and googled it to see if it was a widespread problem - apparently it is.  I got rid of it by going into safe mod with networking, and downloading combofix from bleepingcomputer; http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix There's the link. Run it in safe mode with networking, it'll take about fifteen twenty minutes. Then you're done! Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hey there. I just crushed this virus five minutes ago and googled it to see if it was a widespread problem - apparently it is.  I got rid of it by going into safe mod with networking, and downloading combofix from bleepingcomputer; http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix There's the link. Run it in safe mode with networking, it'll take about fifteen twenty minutes. Then you're done! Good luck.

Level 1

Wow thanks! Worked like a charm, wouldnt let me see the log but i may not have waited long enough or something. Got a little worried at first because it wouldnt let me open windows explorer, but after a restart everything worked perfect. Thanks again