• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex Builder 4.5 Premium license not working for automation - anything else to try?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm getting the message when I try to record/run a test that the "License not present.  With the trial verison only limited replays are allowed."  I have a valid license key for Flash Builder 4.5 premium edition.  I have read many forums on this subject but none of them help me.  I compile my project either using Flash Builder 4.5 or an ant script invoking mxmlc.  I have modified my flex-config.xml to include "flashbuilder45", and my given serial number with and without dashes (and other combinations).  I do not have a license.properties file.  I'm not sure what else I can do.  I have already reinstalled Flash Builder 4.5.  I am now trying Flash Builder 4.6 with the same results.  This serial number is a group one good for 5 boxes.  My next step is to request a replacement serial number from Adobe, since I can't think of anything else that could be wrong with my setup.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May we know the SDK version you are using?

FB 4.5 serial number works for automation only with SDKs 4.5 and later or 3.6

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deeptika,

it's 4.5.1.

Thanks,

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

Can you please check the following?

1. Is it a valid premium serial number or a standard one? (Are features like Network monitor enabled in Flash builder when you serialize it with this serial number?)

2. Is it just an FB serial number or a Creative Suite serial number?

3. Have you modified the flex-config.xml under the right sdk (the same SDK with which the project is built)?

4. Have you recompiled the project after modifying the flex-config.xml file?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  It is a premium which I can see when I view "My Products" on this adobe site.  I can enable Network monitor and when I do my application hangs (I've read a bit on how to get this working properly, but I don't need it)

2. It is an FB serial number.  Here is what it is under My Products:

Serial Number: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Application or font: Flash Builder Prem

Version: 4.5

Platform: Multiple Platforms

Date: June 7, 2011

3. Yes I have.  I have uncommented

<licenses>

<license>

<product>product</product>

<serial-number>serial-num</serial-number>

</license>

</licenses>

which sits one level down within <flex-config/>

Under product I have tried "flashbuilder45", "flashbuilder4", "flashbuilder46", and even "flexbuilderXX" a few times.  Under my serial number I have entered the serial number as shown in My Products - I have tried tried it with dashes, and without.

I found this post

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6993096/how-to-properly-define-the-flashbuilder-4-5-premium-licen...

which says "the serial-number element is NOT the license number that we got from Adobe (and that we use when installing the Flash Builder tooling) but it is a derived form of that license number that can be found for example in the license.properties file of a developer that has Flash Builder installed".  However I have read conflicting reports about this.  At any rate I do not have a license.properties file, which I assume was discounted after flex builder 3.x.

4. Yes, using FlashBuilder and my ant script.  I have also cleaned my browser's cache.  The problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The string that you need to use with Flash Builder 4.5 license is "flashbuilder45"

That should work with 4.5.1 SDK as well.

license.properties file should be created when you installed and launched Flash Builder on your machine.

It is usually located at

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Flex\license.properties

Windows Vista/Win 7

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Flex\license.properties

Mac OSX

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flex/license.properties

Linux

~/.adobe/Flex/license.properties

Please let me know the platform on which you are working on. If you see license.properties file in the above location, send me that file as well.

Otherwise, please send the serial number you are using to my mail id - deeptika(at)adobe(dot)com

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Windows 7.  The sources I found told me to look in C:\Users\<some path>\Adobe\Flex\license.properties so naturally I did not find it.  And for some reason Windows 7 search did not turn it up either, so thank you for pointing me to the correct location.

As it turns out the problem is not in my application.  I am using a swf built out by another developer that loads on app initialization, and it was this swf that wasn't properly licensed. This was recently fixed, and other developers using this swf were no longer experiencing this issue (because it's configuration was updated with proper licensing) so I attributed it to my machine.  There was some misscommunication and I was using an older swf without this fix.

Thank you Deeptika for your quick replies.  I very much appreciate the responsiveness.

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines