• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the 'adobe presenter powerpoint com addin' add-in.

Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Adobe Presenter V7.0.7 Build 7746. When I open an existing PowerPoint file and try and use Presenter, I get the following error: PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the 'adobe presenter powerpoint com addin' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?

No, I don't want to disable it. When I click No, PowerPoint stops working. I get a message that says: Microsoft PowerPoint has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Widows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. My only choice is to click the Close program button.

When I open the PPT file again, I get the same "experienced a serious problem" message. If anyone has a solution to this, I'd appreciate knowing what it is. It took me a while just to get the Presenter option to appear in the PowerPoint toolbar. Now that I have it, it's not working.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You mentioned that you are opening existing PowerPoint presentation in Adobe Presenter 7.0.7. Please let me know following detail:-

1) You created presentation using which version of Adobe Presenter? Was it created using  Adobe Presenter 7.0.7 or older version

2) Is it PPT or PPTX.

3) Also please mention Office Version and OS

Thanks,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your quick reply. Here are the answers to your questions.

1. The file I'm having issues with was not created using any version of Presenter. It is simply a PowerPoint file.

2. The file is a PPT not PPTX.

3. I am running Windows7 and Office 2010.

I think I might have found the solution to the problem. I opened the PPT file and saved it as a PPTX file. Then I clicked the Presenter option in the PowerPoint toolbar and was able to select different Presenter options with no issues. I opened other PPTX files and I did not get the error window stating 'PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the 'adobe presenter powerpoint com addin' add-in'.

This seems to work. So, it appears that any PPT file needs to be saved as a PPTX file before using Presenter. If you have another solution that I might be able to keep in my back pocket (in case this happens again and what I did does not work), then please answer. Otherwise, I'm good now.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources