• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help-Flash needs to be reinstalled after every reboot

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a little bit of help and I'm hoping someone might have the solution to my problem.  This has been going on for 2-3 weeks now. Flash installs and works perfectly fine. Then when I restart my computer and try to use a program that requires flash.. I get a white screen and it doesn't load anything, but if I look at my add-ons for my browser it does show up there. If I reinstall flash again, it works just fine until I restart my computer again. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash. That does nothing.

I have Windows 7 (64 bit) and I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser (right now it's ver 8.0)

I have tried searching online for people with a similar problem because usually I can find a solution to my problems, but this is a very frustrating one. I just can't find any topic that helps solve my problem. I'm tired of leaving my computer on and it's ridiculous to have to keep reinstalling. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping up.

No ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall flash and clean out its folders in c:\windows\system32, clean up the registry entries, backup your firefox profile and uninstall firefox, then reinstall both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, still a white screen and now when I download flash player my antivirus program says it finds a threat called Kelihos with it. I'm not downloading from anywhere, but the official site and when I look it up it says this thing spreads by email. I haven't actually opened any email in awhile. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall flash and go to a flash-enabled website, does Firefox make you download it?

Also dump your antivirus, it sounds like it's giving false positives, try this one instead:

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I will try that program. Yes, with flash uninstalled it does prompt me to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XxKellsxX wrote:

No, still a white screen and now when I download flash player my antivirus program says it finds a threat called Kelihos with it. I'm not downloading from anywhere, but the official site and when I look it up it says this thing spreads by email. I haven't actually opened any email in awhile. Any thoughts?

Kelihos is, or was a botnet. It was taken down by Microsoft a couple of months ago. See Microsoft brings Kelihos botnet to a halt  If you had that on your system, then yours was one of a few thousand machines that distributed SPAM all over the world.

Can you download a security app at work? If so, download the free version of Malwarebytes and then rename it to something random. The setup file is called mbam-setup-1.51.2.1300.exe

But if your machine has been compromised, then hackers will have taken the precaution of ensuring that you cannot install it. By renaming it to say, xxkekksxx.exe for example, you have a better chance of being able to install and run it, assuming of course that your system has been compromised. To rename a file, click it once, hit F2 and then call it something else. Then copy it to a USB stick and finally drag it onto to your own machine from there. Run a full system scan and delete anything it finds.

The reason I say this is because usually, once a machine has been infected with one trojan, it downloads even more malware without the need for user intervention. As you can see from this Microsoft article regarding Kelihos there are hardly any outward signs that a machine has been infected.

Message was edited by: Xircal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harrie,

Thanks for sending that log along to me.  Here's the line I'm concerned about:

"Path""Read""Write""Deny"
"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash11e.ocx""Administrators, Gebruikers""Administrators""Iedereen"

Correct me if my translation is wrong, but this appears to be saying Deny = all.  I believe a denies override the grant permissions.  Can you try to correct this and see if it makes a difference?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I sent you a reply message. I removed the denial to "everyone".

Flash player works fine for me on IE9.

Thanks.

Harrie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harrie,

I'm a bit concerned that you may be exposing your system to attack by the action you've taken If I understand you correctly. The correct settings for the "Everyone" group should look like the one you see in the screenshot. The only box which should be checkmarked is "Write Permissions" which should be set to "Deny". All the other boxes should remain blank.

write_attributes_deny.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about Win7 users? From what I can see of my machine, there is no "Everyone" group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Thank you for your attention! Turned that one back on.

Harrie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HGeboers wrote:

You're right. Thank you for your attention! Turned that one back on.

Harrie

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump up. Still doing the same thing.

I really don't want to have to redo my whole computer because of flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the EXACT same problem. Flash 11 installs fine but when I reboot it gets uninstalled...every time. I'm using Explorer 9 - Windows 7 - 64 bit. I disabled my virus protection when following all the uninstall/install directions...so that's not it. Weird problem. I'm glad I found a few people on the net with the same problem as me but can't find someone that knows the solution yet.

UPDATE:

Ok, after deleting both 'Macromed' folders in Windows/sys32 AND Windows/WOW64, rebooting and then reinstalling Flash 11, it is now working fine in Internet Explorer 9. I downloaded a special program called 'Unlocker 1.9.1' to be able to unlock and delete the Macromed folder in Wow64 folder. I couldn't seem to be able to do it without help from that little program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2011 Nov 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, when i install on explorer, it makes me to install on fierox and contrarwise. When i reboot i have to reinstall it. I´ve tryied unistalling with many tool but still the same.

realize once and for all you adobe's this is not a pc, win or other problem, but a flash 11 problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2011 Nov 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, tried all the things everyone else has, but no results.

Posted this http://forums.adobe.com/message/4047928#4047928 moments ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. The solution that worked for me was:

- uninstall Flash 11

- disable UAC (User Account Control)

- reboot pc

- install Flash 11

- reboot pc (to test the solution)

- enable UAC

You can find more information about UAC:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-window...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, it worked until i enabled the UAC back, after restarting my PC, it happened again, nice try, thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pity, for me it works (still is). So there must be multible factors inducing this behavior.

Have yout tried the solution discussed in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3977219 ?

The thread sais the problem is answered. I tried it, but it didn't work for me though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screen shot of the About Adobe Flash Player page when you get into the state where Flash Player is no longer running?

Also would you be willing to run the AccessEnum utility from Microsoft against your C: drive and send me the output (ccampbel@adobe.com)?  I'd like to see if you have unexpected permissions on folders we need to access.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having so many problems in other ways, installing programs, etc. I think it's time to reinstall windows, no more patch solutions, no more waiting, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, thank you for your reply.

After I had used the UAC solution I mentioned in my earlier reply, Flash 11 now works fine. So I can't send you a screendump. Before I used the UAC method, I tried the solution that was suggested in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3977219. TakeOwnership didn't work for me though. After using the UAC method Flash 11 works fine.

I's be glad to send you the output of the AccessEnum utility, if it's any help.

Harrie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines