• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

9781742204741_ePub.v4 (1).epub: Document is licensed for a different user account

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded several free books from B&N onto my Nook Color. So far 2 of them will not open and I get the error:

9781742204741_ePub.v4 (1).epub:

Document is licensed for a different user account

This does not make sense at all, they are free books, I only have one account, one digital editions and one nook, and all the other books I downloaded worked just fine. I am able to download from the library and so far the few purchases I have made have worked as well.

I am working on Windows 7.

Although I have several paid subscriptions for other Adobe products, the fact that this one is free means they will not talk to me about it, and it appears that it is Digital Editions' problem. Any takers?

ps I am not technically savvy. I can follow instructions and figure things out, but this one has me stumped!

~Monica

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE 1.7 does not support content with DRM from Barnes & Noble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok... what is DRM and how do I know if something has it? (sorry)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem. I too am not very tech savvy. I download books from B&N, most work but I get the same error message you did sometimes. I too get the same kind of answers you got below. Did they help you at all?

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do - contact B&N and ask for my money back?

I don't understand why, when someone says they're not tech savvy, they get answers like the above. Seems pretty cold to me.

Earl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just want to read the books on your PC/Mac, I would suggest downloading Nook for PC/Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion, Jim. However I'm wanting to read the book on my Nook. I've looked at other forum threads on this issue, and will try uninstalling/installing, and deactivating. Do you have other suggestions as to what I can do? I'm baffled because I've downloaded books from B&N before without any problems.

Thank you for your attention and patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it is a little strange but the books that gave me the aforementioned error both downloaded onto my Nook in spite of that error, and I am able to read them. Odd... I still don't really understand why B&N would offer ePub books for their Nook that would have DRM issues, and I have not asked them about it. Thank you for the link Scott, at least I know what DRM is now...

Good luck everyone, and Earl, I would definitely contact B&N first to see if they can offer any tech support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problems are all on the Adobe side on this one.  Adobe updated the DRM for B&N use 2 years ago, but hasn't updated ADE yet to match (although they have a public preview of the next version of ADE on labs.adobe.com that does support it).

Within B&N products the books will work just fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines