• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The new Flash player (11,0,1,152) does no run on some sites.

Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a peculiar problem. I have installed and tested the newest version of flash player. When I open the "manage add on" tab in IE9 and load all add ons, the flash player and shockwave player show up. When I open the currently loaded add ons, the flash player does not show up, only shockwave player shows up.2011-10-17_150312.jpg

2011-10-17_150432.jpg  When I go to a website such as dslreports.com, I will get an error message that an add on has failed to run.2011-10-17_151738.jpgWhen I disable flash player in add ons, the error does not appear.

I have deleted and installed flash player. Tested flash player. Enabled hardware acceleration and then disabled it. There is no check mark by "Active X".

Can you help me get rid of this error message with out disabling flash player.

I have Windows 7 x64 Sp1 / IE9 32bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

agolfbum wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Can you devise a test to determine if it is a Java applet? I have both the current Java 6 update 29 and the Java 7 update 1 which is considered still a beta.  I installed it in case 6 was the problem. It didn't help. I find the problem regardless if I use IE 9 x 32bit or 64 bit.

JAVA.jpg

* Edit added jpeg.

Oracle released Java 1.6.0_30 today. You can update via Windows CP. Details at: http://isc.sans.org/diary/Java+6u30+released/12187

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what your two first snapshots are, but I see Flash Player enabled on both (Shockwave Flash Object).

Do you have ActiveX Filtering enabled (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The snapshots were just to show that Shockwave and Flash were both installed (all add ons) but that only Shockwave flash is  currently loaded. When I go to dslreports.com I must disable shockwave flash in order to stop the error message.2011-10-18_flash.jpg  There is no check mark showing on Active X filtering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am puzzled by this; I have used dslreports.com in the past, but never had such a message.  I wonder what add-on should be running on that site?  Is there anything in the event logs that could give you some information what add-on has failed to run?

There is one known incompatibility with Flash Player, and that is RealPlayer.  But I don't see that in your add-on list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dslreports is the site I see it on always. I have been on other sites where it pops up, but the vast majority of sites do not give me this error. It started with the latest edition of Shockwave Flash.

The Event viewer does not show any event at all, on Internet Explorer, when I enable Shockwave Flash and then go to dslreports.com and get the error.

An informative site told me to disable all add ons and then re enable them one by one. The one that causes the problem to appear is the add on that is not running. The problem appears when I enable Shockwave Flash and goes away when I disable it.

I don't have RealPlayer install on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it as well if I go to dslreport using IE. However, it doesn't appear in Firefox because I use an Adblocker called Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/?src=search

For the same reason I don't see ads on your site either. No offence and I know you're trying to earn a living, but I don't want to be bothered by flash ads and the like when I'm trying to read the site content.

But it might be a Java applet which didn't load on dslreports (also disabled on both IE and Firefox for security reasons).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Can you devise a test to determine if it is a Java applet? I have both the current Java 6 update 29 and the Java 7 update 1 which is considered still a beta.  I installed it in case 6 was the problem. It didn't help. I find the problem regardless if I use IE 9 x 32bit or 64 bit.

JAVA.jpg

* Edit added jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agolfbum wrote:

JAVA.jpg

* Edit added jpeg.

Oracle released Java 1.6.0_30 today. You can update via Windows CP. Details at: http://isc.sans.org/diary/Java+6u30+released/12187

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! I used the update tool in 6 to download the update. I then used the control panel to delete both 6 and 7 and then ran CCleaner. I installed 1.6.0_30. only ( there was an update for 7 as well). I no longer receive the "failed to run" notice. You correctly deduced that it was a java problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is I that  must thank you. This has been annoying me for over a month now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you running different versions of Java? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem. I tried uninstalling java, crapcleaner,

tried 32 bit, 64 bit version and it still does not work. What I did notice

was that if I now disable the "Shockwave Flash Object" in add-ins, this now

does not seem to make a difference weather it is on or off to make Adsense

work.

Thanks

Selectums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

selectums wrote:

I still have the same problem. I tried uninstalling java, crapcleaner,

tried 32 bit, 64 bit version and it still does not work. What I did notice

was that if I now disable the "Shockwave Flash Object" in add-ins, this now

does not seem to make a difference weather it is on or off to make Adsense

work.

Thanks

Selectums

Did you try updating Java to the latest version which is now 1.6.0_30?

You might want to have a look at this Google support site for Adsense: http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=161355

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I checked on Java site and it said...

Verified Java Version Congratulations! *You have the recommended Java

installed (Version 6 Update 29).

btw thanks for the adsense link

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

selectums wrote:

Hi,

I checked on Java site and it said...

Verified Java Version Congratulations! *You have the recommended Java

installed (Version 6 Update 29).

btw thanks for the adsense link

Al

It should say version 1.6.0_30

java_30.PNG

Try updating it via Windows Control Panel. You'll see "Java" listed in there. Click the Update tab and then click "Update Now". That's the route I took.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

I am forced to run version 7 by an online crossword puzzle that my girlfriend plays. Every time I uninstall ver. 7 and she plays the game, it tells her java is out of date and installs Version 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again,

I was reading this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-an-add-on-for-this-website-failed-to-run-606363.html

and thought maybe I have this doubleclick.net in my restricted sites list

in IE. I could not find it so I started to delete a bunch of restricted

sites .... (of course hind site tells me I should have done this one by

one). I stopped deleting when I came across one that was titled

document???? (cant remember all what it was called but it did have the name

document in it)..... I thought maybe because my site name is

documentaryconnection.com this restricted site is causing the

problem....anyway long story short this seemed to fix the problem... at

least for now. any suggestions how i can test this would be appreciated.

Thanks fro all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok..I spoke too soon its not working again...but I can recreate the

problem. When I insert the 728x15 ad I get the black text adsense in IE.

If I use a 300x250 ad it works OK. Thoughts?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I have a 728x90 image ad and it is now working in IE although I

am still at a loss as to why the other ads will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link I gave you contains links to related subjects like Ad formatting and perhaps you'll find the solution in there. There's a section on that subject here: How can I customize the way my ads look?

If you can't glean any info from that, maybe the Google Adsense forums might be able to help you: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/AdSense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

agolfbum wrote:

Carl,

I am forced to run version 7 by an online crossword puzzle that my girlfriend plays. Every time I uninstall ver. 7 and she plays the game, it tells her java is out of date and installs Version 7.

I suppose the simple solution would be to ask you girlfriend to find another puzzle. Most news media have online puzzles which don't require Java. For example, http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords

She might be tempted to switch to that one if you tell her she can win £100 into the bargain (for solving the Genius puzzle).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my site documentaryconnection.com I have a one banner adsense ad. In internet explorer I inconsistently get the message "an add-on for this website failed to run” when the page loads.

This is extremely annoying as my adsense ad will not display when I get this message. Ads display properly in firefox or chrome. Just to see if the problem was my laptop only I went to several other computers and had the same problem (adsense displays fine in firefox & chrome  but not internet explorer).I finally discovered that if I go to add-ins in internet explorer and disable "Shockwave Flash Object" everything is good. This fixes the problem everytime .

The issue here is that everyone and their dog has  "Shockwave Flash Object" installed on their computers and it is causing adsense ads to not display (intermittently) properly or at least that is what appears to be causing the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines