Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import a WebHelp Project into a New Project

Sep 21, 2006 Sep 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to import an existing (old - created in RoboHelp 2000) WebHelp project into a new one? I tried the following:
From the File menu I selected New - Project. I then clicked the Import tab and selected WebHelp
Then clicked the Import Tab but then it is looking for either an *.HLP or *.HPJ file neither of which exist in my folders.
What I would like to do is just import my old projects rather than rebuilding them from scratch. Any pointers anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2006 Sep 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are looking at the source files rather than the output?

Are there various folders starting "wh"? If there are, then you are definitely looking at the output?

Post back if you are looking at the output and cannot find the source.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2006 Sep 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's what I have done - I am looking at the output files rather than the source. I'll locate the source files and see if I can pull it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have located the source files but there are no .HLP or *.HPJ files!! All I can see are .alb, .brs, .hhc, hhk, hhp, hpr, ldb & .mpj
Any pointers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HPJ is a RH for Word file. The MPJ file you have found is the RH HTML equivalent. Double click it and the project will open in RH HTML.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you just have to open the MPJ file? That is, just double click on the file, or use the Open page of the RoboHelp Starter? You'll notice that the Import page lists only the out-of-the-RH-ordinary projects (Word, FrameMaker, Winhelp, etc.).

If you only wanted certain topics from a project, you would import only those files. In your case, I suspect you only have to open the project.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter & Leon, I am up and runing. When I opened the .mpj file it converted it from my old version of RoboHelp to the new one and it works just fine with out any pain.

Thanks again

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp