• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GIF and JPG become damaged

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2006 Sep 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a weird problem with some GIF and JPG images which I use in a RoboHelp project. They appear to get damaged, but I nor anyone else changes them. The bottom part becomes scrambled or entirely black. The strange thing is that when I put the project on my local hard disk, nothing happens, but when they are on the server (with RAID disk sytem), then trouble begins.
Until now, nobody else who's wordking on the server reported damaged files, so it seems that I'm the only one so far.
The trouble began on Sept. 11. Some projects I worked on since that day have problem files. Most projects are RoboHelp, but there's also a Word-project involved with a damaged JPG-file.
Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 22, 2006 Sep 22, 2006
I was able to find the cause!
http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2006-September/049369.html.
Now let's wait for a hotfix that fixes problems with hotfix 920958.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for this fine contribution to the "Don't run your project on a network" category!!

These forums are littered with various issues which go away when projects are run from where Adobe advise, your hard disk.

You've already found the answer. (Assuming you are talking about your source files rather than the output)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I've indeed already experienced that some RoboHelp projects, mainly large onces, are better run on the local hard disk.

But this is a different problem I think. The project is run locally, which goes well, but when I copy it to the server disk for backup reasons, then some GIF-files get damaged after a while, while nobody opens the project on the server. When I copy the same files to another server's disk, then the files do not get damaged.
I also have a Word project that has a JPG file that has got damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like non RH gremlins are at play here so not sure what to suggest. Do other people work with images and do they get this problem?

On copying to the server, I always zip up the whole project and then move the zip file. It's quicker and might well avoid this problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four other potential suspects:

* Anti-virus programs
* Source control programs
* IT folks not applying the first two suspects properly
* IT folks creating "virtual" (read: hidden) network environment

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find the cause!
http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2006-September/049369.html.
Now let's wait for a hotfix that fixes problems with hotfix 920958.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Anyone following the link, just remove the full stop at the end, then it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp