• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Mismach/Media Offline

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I just opened a Premiere Pro project after about a month and most of my footage is now offline. When I try to replace or relink it to the original footage I get the Media Mismatch Message which says "The selected file does not contain audio media used by clip references in one or more sequences. The audio clip reference will be deleted, and cannot be undone. Do you want to continue?"

The media does in fact contain adio. What caused this and how can I fix it???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

And here's the fix:

1. Download MPEG Streamclip, and unzip it--no install needed. The latest beta version is fine.
  2. Open one of the broken files in MPEG Streamclip.
  3. Select File > Save As, and select a new save location. You probably want to keep the file name the same as the original (this is the default).
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Profit!

That's really all there is to it. What MPEG Streamclip is doing is spliting the file open, extracting the video and audio and timecode streams, and then writing them into a new QuickTime

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most often this is probably caused by the media using a codec that used to be on the machine, but no longer is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a way to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the missing codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i find out which codec is missing and where do i get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help with this PLEASE??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I had a similar thing happen to me as well some time ago... I'll post the answer here in a minute, but first I have to dig back and find the steps in one of my old posts. In the meantime, go ahead and download the program MPEG_Streamclip, because you'll need it as part of the fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here's the fix:

1. Download MPEG Streamclip, and unzip it--no install needed. The latest beta version is fine.
  2. Open one of the broken files in MPEG Streamclip.
  3. Select File > Save As, and select a new save location. You probably want to keep the file name the same as the original (this is the default).
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Profit!

That's really all there is to it. What MPEG Streamclip is doing is spliting the file open, extracting the video and audio and timecode streams, and then writing them into a new QuickTime MOV file. No reencoding--the files are identical (well, the video, audio, and timecode portion anyway) to the originals. Just repeat this process for each file; if you select List > Batch List, you can set them all up at once and let the batch process take over once you're done.

Kinda stupid simple, eh?

Hope that gets you rolling!

For more info about it, check out the thread here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wooo Hooo!!!! That's it!!! OMG Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! It's just a problem where the headers of the file get corrupted, and re-writing those headers fixes it. I've never found a reason why it happens, and I've never experienced it again since that first problem with the RED files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue persists in PPro CS6. Look at this: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4793555#4793555

The MPEG Streamclip is from 2008 and are not supporting AVCHD/MTS....

Any fix for this soon from Adobe would be highly appreciated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here.  I don't understand how to make it stop...

any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See post 7 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I fixed it somehow by restarting my entire computer, again; apparently if there is any internet issue then perhaps a codec won't load? I can't find the thread that suggested this, but anyway I guess that was the problem.  Re-saving it in MPEG Streamclip did not help me in this case FYI. 

tx!

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooo much! I do have mpeg streamclip already. I'll be looking out for your next response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having this same error but, the video I am trying to relink is broll and am not using the audio from the video that needs relinking. If I press ok, will this screw up my timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can be done to make sure this does not happen again. I concur the solution worked for me, but why is it necessary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same issue, you just need to Deactivate and reactivate Premiere Pro.

Features and sequence presets missing | Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue where when i opened an existing project the files would appear offline and only some would relink, others would give the mismatch message.

I tried the suggested fix and it worked, i also tried just copy and pasting the file to a different folder and then relinking to that newly created file ( same file name ) and what do you know it had the same effect as using mpeg streamclip.

Just thought i might post my findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case this helps anyone...

My issue was (well, still is) some of my AE renders (specifically lower thirds with alpha channels) would go offline. I tried everything here and nothing worked, then sometimes they'd come back.

I have no idea what causes the issue, but it seems to happen mostly when I start up Premiere and GPU acceleration isn't running. Mercury Playback Software seems to have something to do with it. I waited a bit, then ran a quick export in Media Encoder of a random file using CUDA, reopened Premiere, and they were working again (don't think it matters if OpenCL either)

I have no idea why, but this seems to be a consistent, if bizarre, workaround for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the solution was simply to create a copy of the problematic video file and adding it to PP with a new name - and voila, the sound track is there. It could be also helpful to clean up the media cache, databases, etc. I am on the latest PP 2015.3.

It seems like once PP gets a file in and it's messed up, you can't undo it, so you need to trick PP into thinking it's a different file to make it process it again.

Kamil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with the Media Offline and when I tried to relink I lose the audio... and I just made a clean up in the media cache folders, then open again Premiere and it worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple solution that worked for me was to put the media in a new folder with a different name, and relink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines