• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer 9 and Adobe Flash Player (cannot install it).

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been recently having an issue with IE 9, in which I simply can't install Flash Player.

It all started after me having some issues with my graphic card's drivers (though everything is fine now - just an idiotic Windows function that was blocking hem) and in the end needing to preform varied tasks, like a clean boot, removing malware, using programs like CCleaner, defragging and such. The situation is that, though I don't actually use IE9, apparently some game's launchers do and having the browser's Adobe FP all screwed up is preventing me from playing said games.

I go to the "get Adobe Flash Player" page and when I click the download button, nothing happens and the page simply refreshes. And the wierdest part is that when going to the link http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ I get this:

AdobeFP - IE9.png

Though I'm not able to see the "Adobe Flash Player - Successfully installed." video, I do get the Version information box and with the current version. But this is a lie! I don't have FP or at least is not active. Like I've said, my issue really isn't IE9, but mainly the game's that I'm not able to play.

I've tried everything, contacted every game's support and nothing. Hell I'm not even sure the issue is completely related o Adobe FP, but I really am out of options (and I read somewhere that it could be related to FP).

Here's the list of things I've already tried and didn't work:

• Malware - ran multiple scanners and the AV and they found nothing.
  • Tried disabling the AV. Didn't work.
  • Tried uninstalling AFP, rebooting, and installing again without any internet connection, didn't work.
  • No, IE9 was not blocking my downloads.
  • Video drivers - re-installed them and no, it's not related to it.
  • Forum - Followed every forum's "Common Installion Help Topics" guides and they solved nothing. Couldn't find an identical thread neither.
  • I've searched the web countless times and didn't find nothing, as well.
  • Re-installed the mentioned games, but it didn't solve it.
  • (Needless to say that this really is only related with IE9. Chrome and Firefox have no such issues)

I'll be anxiously waiting any reply.

Thank you for your attention,

Si1entOne.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Internet Explorer.

Press Alt and X, click Manage add-ons, is the Shockwave Flash Object present in the add-ons and is it enabled?

Go to Youtube, do the videos play?

What files are in Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

In the add-ons manager the Shockwave Flash Object is indeed present and enabled.

I can play videos on youtube, but I'm not able to see the videos' thumbnail.

In the folder "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash" I have these files:

Windows - System32 - Macromed - Flash.png

Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Flash Player 11.1 and Flash Player 11.2 installed.

Delete all flash files in your Downloads folder.

Download the following uninstallers:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash _player_32bit.exe

Download the Flash Player 11.2 preview uninstaller for Windows 32-bit

Here are the installers for Flash Player 11.1 and Flash Player 11.2,  CHOOSE ONE to download.

11.1   Flash Player for Internet Explorer 

11.2   Download active-x for Windows 32-bit – for Internet Explorer only

Exit browser.

Run both uninstallers, reboot, delete Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash, then install the chosen Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunetely, that didn't work neither. Everything is exactly as before.

To ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ, come on seriously? I said I'd followed every guide suggested by these forums so yeah of course I've checked that (and no it's not enabled...).

Don't take me wrong, I appreciate you trying to help, of course, but I can't help but feel like you didn't even read the entire post.

Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunetely, that didn't work neither. Everything is exactly as before.

You end up with the same files in Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash???

Did you recieve any error messages during the installation???

The situation is that, though I don't actually use IE9, apparently some game's launchers do and having the browser's Adobe FP all screwed up is preventing me from playing said games.

Exactly what happens when you try to play these games?  Where are they located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, totally forgot to provide decent information.

In the folder Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash I ended up with the files corresponding to update 11.2 only. All the 11.1 files were gone.

No error messages in any installation.

The situation I'm having with these games is that when I run their launcher, the image simply freezes and no connection is made. With one of them, it continuosly displays a loading icon and doesn't allow me to click on any option, not even in the Exit one, so I have to close it "manually" or throw the task manager.

They're located in my other disc (the D one).

Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since youtube videos do play, the web flash player is working.Ha

The situation I'm having with these games is that when I run their launcher, the image simply freezes and no connection is made.

When this occurs, does iexplore.exe show up in the Processes tab of Task Manager?

Have you tried RIES?

You might want to go over to this web site since your problem seems to be an inability to launch IE:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7?tab=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have ActiveX Filtering enabled on IE9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines