• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Flash Player Upgrade Required' on facebook

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past three weeks, I have been repeatedly instructed 'You must install the new Flash Player upgrade to view this content',

which i had hitherto viewed with no problems at all. I have since repeatedly tried to comply with this order but am repeatedly told

that my Mac 10.4 Power PC system does not support the upgrade. I have tried to install various other 'Adobe recommended'

versions of the Flash Player but none of them work ( having been 'installed successfully' ). Should i simply resign myself to never

again being able to view any videos on Facebook or would Adobe prefer that i install a new operating system which suits their

software upgrade ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not what Adobe would prefer, but what Facebook wants. As regards the latter, Facebook is an advertising funded business from which they make a lot of money. See: Facebook Could Surpass $1 Billion in Revenue This Year

Companies which advertise on Facebook want; in fact demand that the products they want to display in Flash meet their expectations. Since Adobe also makes their money from selling licences for commercial use, they're keen to meet those expectations in order to ensure that businesses don't switch to another technology.

So I'm afraid to say that unless your system meets the Minimum System Requirements to display all those ads, then you're going to be left out in the cold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hummmm.... I sent you a message because I couldn't get this page onboard. The person above is right. Adobe is not supporting any pre-Intell Macs. Adobe offers no help,  but here is an unsupported link that worked for me and could get you back onboard. If you follow the instructions to the t, which includes deleting space, you should be able to "see" again. Good luck, Julie R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the second time I forgot the link. Here it is (if you have any trouble with this, please let me know Julie R.                                    : http://www.steelbin.com/FPforFBPPC.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines