• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why I can't install Flash Builder 4.6 with a Master Collection Serial Number?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

downloaded Flash builder 4.6, i had a Master collection 5.5 suite which includes (obviously) Flash Builder 4.5,1.

I found that I can’t install the 4.6 version with the serial number of the Master Collection.

The Adobe support told me thet I can’t install the single packet but I can upgrade the entire suite of (probably) six months when the 6.0 version will becomes available.

I feel cheated.

I spent a lot of money to buy and upgrade the entire suite and now I can’t upgrade Flash Builder only.

Can you help me?

If there is not a solution I think I'll nerver upgrade the suite anymore, I'will port all of my mobile code in Objective-C and "tanti saluti".

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gigi Villa I would recommend posting your question to Installing and activating Flash Builder forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gigi,

That is how suite purchases work. You buy the suite you can upgrade the suite. You cannot upgrade individual programs in the suite. That is the drawback of buying the suite. The advantage of buying the suite is the incredible discount over buying individual programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Your answer is correct but this is a free update, I would have understood if it had been a payement update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I've had the Master Collection for years and I always have to wait for upgrades. That means I pay to own all suite products but I can't get free upgrades that others get even if they have only paid for a single product. Shouldn't I be offered as much when I spent far more on Adobe products? That isn't fair and I feel ripped off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. It's a shame that only one Adobe's employee gave us an answer, and it was only for "recommending" to post your question in another forum.

Watch out, Adobe! You are causing us to become your ex-customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, very helpful... if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You would need to uninstall existing Flash Builder 4.5 on your machine and then install Flash Builder 4.6 in trial mode.

During installation, it doesn't accept the serial number of Master Collection. So, just install it in trial mode and make sure that the you select the same language as that of your Master Collection, during FB installation.

Now launch FB and it would then accept Master Collection CS 5.5 serial number.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4078752#4078752 is related thread and http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/924/cpsid_92402.html is the related tech note.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deeptika's answer is very helpful.

Now, this is how I activated the FB 4.6, using theMaster Collection CS 5.5 serial number:

1.- Uninstalled Flash Builder 4.5 from the MC (Select the 'Delete preferencies'- checkbox).

2.- Deleted and cleaned all program's cache with CCleaner.

3.- Installed Flash Builder 4.6 in TRIAL MODE, and -IMPORTANT!- Be sure that you are selecting the SAME LANGUAGE on wich you installed your Master Collection!!

(I had some troubles because I didn't remember that I installed the MC with "Español", and I tried to install FB 4.6 in "Español (Latinoamerica)").

4.- After a reboot of my PC, I opened Flash Builder 4.6.

5.- It asked me for a serial number, I had to wrote down my Master Collection's serial number.

6.- I was happy because my FB 4.6 serial number was accepted, (after three unsuccesful attempts because of the wrong language installation).

So, everything is about languages.

In the last case, maybe you should uninstall your entire Master Collection (including Flash Builder 4.5) and then reinstall it (without FB 4.5). Then install FB 4.6.

Yep, this is a little annoying, but now I can use the Flash Builder 4.6. It worth the work.

Let us now if you could install your FB 4.6 succesfuly.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines