• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are many images on web sites now pixelated since upgrading my Flash Player?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my Flash Player so that I could view internet content (such as videos) that were not available to me before I upgraded. Ever since, the images on most web sites that I visit are now pixelated (look very low-resolution). I had not made any other changes to any settings on my computer or software. The browser I use is Safari 5.0.1. I had to upgrade to the Flash Player 10.1.102.64 because I am on a PowerPC Mac G4, and that is the most recent version of Flash Player that will work with Power PCs.

Anyway, now that I have upgraded (which included first uninstalling the old Flash Player), my images look pixelated... most do, anyway. For some reason images I post to flickr appear okay on screen. But normal 72dpi images on standard web sites (like Yahoo) appear very lo-res.

Does this have to do with whether or not my Mac's operating system is 64-bit or 32-bit... or the Safari software... in relation to the Flash Player's... whether or not they are compatible? If not, I have no idea why this would have changed since upgrading my Flash Player. And if so, what can I do to get around it? I'm somewhat computer savvy... but not this much. Can someone please help me so that I don't have to pay $39 to call Support and ask them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like the installation went pear-shaped somewhere. Try it again using the method described here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2805854?start=0&tstart=0

Or maybe they'll know what the cause of your pixelated images is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines