• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic Question - Importing from PPTX to Captivate 5.5 Mac - how/where do I edit text?

Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Fellow Adobe Users,

I am working on a big project which involves importing 10 100+ slide projects from Powerpoint into Captivate in order to add more functionality to them (quizzes, etc).  I just imported the first one and I am confused.  Why can I not edit the slides in Captivate?  Nothing (text, images, etc) is selectable.  The whole slideshow works (with fades, animations, etc) in preview mode but nothing is editable.  Do I need to be editing it in Powerpoint?  If so, how do I go about using the Captivate functionality?  Does it matter if the PPT is embedded vs. linked?

Thank you for any help.  I'm sure this is basic stuff but I am lost!

- Hannah

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Powerpoint slides are imported as video, you will not have the individual objects in Captivate, but they will play with animations like in a video.

If you want to have the objects, you have to create them in Captivate or do the editing in PPT using the roundtripping feature.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

To expound on what Lilybiri said about roundtripping, you are able to right-click the slide and choose to edit in PowerPoint. Then when you click Save, the Captivate slide is updated.

As for linking VS embedding, if you clear the Linked option, the .CPTX file size grows because it stores the PPT file inside it. This may be useful if you travel and need to edit the PPT while on the road. If linked, the PPT remains where you pointed at it and Captivate maintains a link to the file.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources