Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Installing Latest Flash Player

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellohello!

My Adobe Flash Player for Mozilla Firefox has been giving me troubles these past months, so today I decided to install a more recent version on my laptop.

Following the instructions, I deinstalled the old version before initializing the download/installation of the latest Flash Player. That, however, proved to be a mistake, as the installation has failed continously so far and now I have no player to my avail at all.

I have tried installation several times, but the process didn't even start and just left me the message 'Aktionsliste nicht gefunden' (action list not found).

I'm using a Fujitsu Siemens Laptop Computer with 32 Bit operating system and Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU processor. Windows Visa with Service Pack 2 is installed. So I guess the problem can't be due to a deficiency in system requirements and I also made sure that the required plug-in is activated and that any other version of the player is removed from my laptop.

Being anything but a computer/IT expert, I would be very very grateful if anybody could help me out. I'm at my wit's end in this matter, have spent the last three hours scouting for possible solutions to this problem.. to no avail whatsoever.

Thanks a million in advance!!

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi Laura,

Most of these installation problems are caused by antivirus apps. These days, practically all of them incorporate web shields to protect you from downloading malware, files shields to prevent you from installing rogue pograms and the like. It's the file scanner which is the most problematical because it springs into action as soon as you run an installer of any kind. This interferes with the installation process and leads to file corruption further down the line.

In the current circumst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

Most of these installation problems are caused by antivirus apps. These days, practically all of them incorporate web shields to protect you from downloading malware, files shields to prevent you from installing rogue pograms and the like. It's the file scanner which is the most problematical because it springs into action as soon as you run an installer of any kind. This interferes with the installation process and leads to file corruption further down the line.

In the current circumstances, I suggest you proceed as follows. First of all, disable all antivirus shields. If you happen to be using AVAST antivirus, right click the orange icon in the systray and choose to disable all shields for one hour. If you're using a different AV app, look for something similar in the user menus. Then proceed as follows.

1. Download the Flash uninstaller from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
  2. Close all browsers.
  3. Reboot. This is important to clear the Windows Registry after you uninstall something.
  4. When the system reboots to the desktop, disable those AV shields again.
  5. Download the installer from here: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax_32bit.exe This is the installer for Internet Explorer. When you see the prompt, choose "Run" to install it immediately.
  6. If you use another browser like Firefox, Opera, Safari etc., download this one as well: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_32bit.exe When you see the download prompt for this one, choose "Save" instead and save it somewhere you can find it afterwards.
  7. After you complete the installation process, go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ to check that everything went according to plan.

You may require this player as well: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/ It's rather like an enhanced version of the Flash Player and you'll need it to play games where you have some interaction with the animation. You don't need to run an uninstaller for this one. Simply download and click "Run" in Internet Explorer where you want to install it in that specific browser, or choose "Save" when you want to install it in any other browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhh, you saved my day!!! Thank you so very much. No words to express how grateful I am. ❤️ THANK YOU!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome Laura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking your comments about the Flasher Player 11 installation for more than 1 hor and tried all you mentioed like I unistalled the Flash player with unistaller downloaded from website and than reboot the computer. I use comodo internet security as anti virus and firewall. I closed antivurus just after restart. Than from the direct link dowloaded the flash installer and installed the flash player for internet explorer 8.. It went well and saw that it is installed succesfully and I just checked the lik that you have given either I can see the flash logo animation turning on the web page. This means that it shoud be a succesful installation. But; when I tried youtube to watch , it start like it will work, but after 2-3 rounds of the dots turning at the center of black screen it locks the computers and a little bit later there comes a BLUE screen wit some error reports and numbers than REBOOTs.

This is the third attemt so I decided to write on the forum. Maybe related with the computer but, It is ACER 4710G with ATI radeon HD2400 VGA card, XP sp3, and IE-8 installed. Also tried with Google chrome before and it is the same end with BLUE SCREEN.. 

Heeeeelllllllppppppppppppppppp???????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

72redtigres wrote:

I am checking your comments about the Flasher Player 11 installation for more than 1 hor and tried all you mentioed like I unistalled the Flash player with unistaller downloaded from website and than reboot the computer. I use comodo internet security as anti virus and firewall. I closed antivurus just after restart. Than from the direct link dowloaded the flash installer and installed the flash player for internet explorer 8.. It went well and saw that it is installed succesfully and I just checked the lik that you have given either I can see the flash logo animation turning on the web page. This means that it shoud be a succesful installation. But; when I tried youtube to watch , it start like it will work, but after 2-3 rounds of the dots turning at the center of black screen it locks the computers and a little bit later there comes a BLUE screen wit some error reports and numbers than REBOOTs.

This is the third attemt so I decided to write on the forum. Maybe related with the computer but, It is ACER 4710G with ATI radeon HD2400 VGA card, XP sp3, and IE-8 installed. Also tried with Google chrome before and it is the same end with BLUE SCREEN.. 

Heeeeelllllllppppppppppppppppp???????????

While I sympathise with your predicament, the description, "BLUE screen wit some error reports and numbers...." is insufficient information to track down the problem.

Please go to this site which explains how to find the Stop Error which we need in order to troubleshoot: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Flash Player always crashes

After messing with it I no longer show it as a add on in Firefox 8.1.

I do have acrobat and Shockwave Flash.

I have downloaded flash player but it never shows in Firefox, so I followed the above instructions

I still do not have adobe flash player showing.

I am on a new computer Windows 7 64 bit

Any help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quatrain1 wrote:

My Adobe Flash Player always crashes

After messing with it I no longer show it as a add on in Firefox 8.1.

I do have acrobat and Shockwave Flash.

I have downloaded flash player but it never shows in Firefox, so I followed the above instructions

I still do not have adobe flash player showing.

I am on a new computer Windows 7 64 bit

Any help please

Did you attempt to install the 64-bit, or the 32-bit version? If you're using Firefox, you can only install the 32-bit flavour.

Follow instructions above to uninstall the 64-bit version and then install the other one from here: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_32bit.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2011 Dec 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do we have to install different versions of flash player for different browsers and also for 32/64 bit versions..? Is this a new item with flash 11.. I had not any problem before and also I was using firefox,iexplorer and chrome as I wish all installed on computer and there was not any problem I remember before..

I think you will want some money later on soo with flashplayer 12 to install it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

72redtigres wrote:

why do we have to install different versions of flash player for different browsers and also for 32/64 bit versions..? Is this a new item with flash 11.. I had not any problem before and also I was using firefox,iexplorer and chrome as I wish all installed on computer and there was not any problem I remember before..

I think you will want some money later on soo with flashplayer 12 to install it..

OK, a quickie. All Microsoft products are built using their own technology (or technology gleaned from other companies it purchased). For the Microsoft Browser, Internet Explorer, an ActiveX control is used which is not supported natively in other browsers and therefore will not work in Firefox, Opera etc.

Google Chrome's version of Flash player is embedded. That means it's integrated into the actual browser and you get it when you install Google Chrome whether you like it or not.

On every other browser, including IE, it's a plugin which means if you don't want it, you don't need to install it to make the browser work.  But because other browsers don't support ActiveX controls, you have to install a separate plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.. here is a small video uploaded by me to see how a blue screen I have.. http://www.4shared.com/video/wLRIyr4g/ve1324114288.html .. Sorry it is not in english but it say something like this: " device driver now has been in an endless cycle. this may be because of device or the driver misprogramming the the device etc.. "

is this means that it is about the driver installed( although it is approoved and downloaded from the acer download website and work with bs player,winamp or media classic video players)

also lastly I tried to unistall all the vga device related items like driver and ATI catalist center installations , uninstalled the FLASH player , reboot checked the google chrome on youtube video that is already installed with the browser.. IT WORKS... Later I installed flash player 10.2.. version for IE-8 and it also works with out the driver for vga card.. (ATI radeon HD 2400 XT)

So what can I do now..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your blue screen points to a either a bad video card or a bad video driver. See this Bug Track for Stop Error 0x000000EA shown in your video clip: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560350%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

Try shutting down the PC, remove the power cord and then reseat the video card. If that doesn't work, try updating the driver for it. If you still get the blue screen after taking those troubleshooting steps, then you might have to consider buying a new video card. If you know somebody you can borrow one from, you could try testing it that way too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think as your favour of adobe compony cmments. This is a working computer without any problems by means of different video codecs and programs. This problem occurs only with the flash player.. So there must be some things to do for the ADOBE compony to solve it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

72redtigres wrote:

I dont think as your favour of adobe compony cmments. This is a working computer without any problems by means of different video codecs and programs. This problem occurs only with the flash player.. So there must be some things to do for the ADOBE compony to solve it..

I'm only giving you the results of the Microsoft Bug Track which you posted in your video i.e. Stop Error 0x000000EA.

I'm just a user like you and I'm not siding with Adobe, but trying to point you in the right direction so that you can take appropriate steps to try and resolve the issue. It's up to you whether you accept that or not.

Your system appears to have become unstable and because it concerns a display issue, Flash is likely to crash because it places a heavier load on the system than would otherwise be the case. If you have hardware acceleration enabled, disable it which will take the load of your GPU. Upgrading your graphics drivers may also help.

But others may have a different view, so stick around and maybe another contributor can suggest an alternative route to take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When posting, please provide:

• Operating system version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • The Flash Player version

What is your video adaptor, driver number and driver date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash player crashes

when I installed flash player it said something like..this installs both the 32 and 64 bit.

When I look in control panel I see "Flash Player 32 bit.

I have Firefox 8 and IE 8, running Win 7 Service pack 1 on a new PC.

My adobe flash v is WIN 11.1.102.55 and so is the Shockwave flash.

Adobe acrobat is v 10.1.1.33.

If you look at plugins on my Firefox you will see

Adode Acrobat

Shockwave Flash.

I am able to watch U-Tube but whenever I go to HBO GO my Abode Flash plugin crashes and a page refresh does not correct this.

Let me know if I need to submit more info.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. I run a web site that revolves around Flash.

And I have spent the last several hours - without success - trying to get Flash to display in Firefox.

Not in recent years have I encountered the sort of roundabout, overly complicated, unworkable "solutions" that Adobe is presenting.

Get a clue.

Obviously, I need to get a clue, too. Steve Jobs was so right. Flash and Adobe are completely out of it.

We have wasted countless hours and resources developing around this app. I can't begin to express the level of frustration I feel right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with keukawest... having major issues downloading new version of Adobe Flash. I have tried everything listed to fix and still no app.

The program is listed on my computer and this site has said the download was complete, but I still cant use it on any of the sites that require it now.

The old version worked fine...put it back so I can finish my newborns baby book on shutterfly!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure where to start a new thread but this is close; my friend has a win7 64 bit with IE[both 32 and 64 bit] last up grade of flash has left her with NO flash player,, ,,when she tries to Uninstall with the uninstaller, she gets an error that flash is still being used even after closing browser and her calendar.  and antivirus, and disabling /ending process in task manager for 64 bit flash./ is there some way to remove flash?.. how about in safe mode? thanks.. await a reply ,,tee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Start, type msconfig.exe, press Enter, click Selective startup, uncheck Load startup items.  Click Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, click Disable all, click Ok, click Restart.

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

After the install.

Click Start, type msconfig.exe, press Enter, click Normal startup, click ok, click Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks// seems was a antivirus/skype issue and is resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it didnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so appreciate all the responders' attempts to fix this problem.

But as someone who owns a site that relies on Flash, I have to say that every post increases my anxiety. It shows how difficult it is for our users to address what seems like a simple issue - how to make Flash work.

Wondering, Adobe, whether you monitor these threads. If so, you should be appalled. And you should be working like the Dickens to make these fixes invisible to the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pcdc518 - This is my first post to you.  Look in the message header to see to whom the message is in response.

When posting, please provide: 

• Operating system version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • The Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important 
  • Please do not use existing topics to append questions that are entirely different from the original topic. When in doubt create a new topic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows vista and have to use the 32 bit. I uninstalled everything adobe then went to reinstall, all goes in except the flash upgrade. very frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines