• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in activating Digital Editions - pls help

Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I keep getting the following error code and told to 'try again'. I've seen other posts (much older) where they received the same error, but don't know what the solution is. I am not very techy at all and just wanted to be able to read some library books on my new Kobo over the Christmas break.

E_ADEPT_IOActivationServiceInfoError%20#2032

Can anyone help???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE can't get to the activation server.  Since the server is currently up and running, it's either a networking problem or a security problem on your computer.  To figure out which try to go to http://adeactivate.adobe.com in your browser.  If you see "Welcome to Adobe Digital Editions" then it's a security problem, if you don't it's a networking problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your answer. It seems I have a security problem as I got the "Welcome" but...now what? Sorry, that may be vague but as I said above, not very tech-savvy and I often need the obvious spelt out when it comes to computers...

Shelley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Launching ADE by itself doesn't work, then you are going to need to get some help to figure out what setting are preventing ADE from getting out to the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2011 Dec 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi...

This is not really replying to the above post ...its just the first place I found to tell my story...

I have been having lots of  trouble activating my e-reader on the ADE site...The ADE would not "see" my e-reader...

I tried lots of different combinations of fixes ..installing..uninstalling, using different browsers ...on and on..

using forum help and tech help...nothing worked...

So I did 2 things which no one had suggested...

First I created a new g-mail address and second I reset my e-reader to the factory defaults...and started over....

Everything worked perfectly....just be sure your computer "sees" your e-reader before you start...

If this helps anyone I'd like to know...

Thanks

BJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines