• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects: AEGP Plugin TIFFIO: UnExpected End of File (5027 :: 12)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SNAG_Program-0035.jpg

I have a clown render for an animation I am working on (the content is not important). When I duplicate the first layer, flip it horizontally there are no problems when I run a RAM preview. But when I time reverse the layer I get this error message "After Effects: AEGP Plugin TIFFIO: UnExpected End of File (5027 :: 12)". Now in the past this meant that some of the tiff. renders had been corrupted due to copying and pasting the still frames into another folder using windows explorer. So to fix the issue I would simply re-render the still frames to the proper folder which meant I no longer needed to copy and paste the still .tiff files. But now whats different this time is that the error message only pops up when I use the "Layer, Time, Time-Reverse Layer".

This should work. I have done this exact animation at a smaller resolution (800x800). The only difference is now I have re-rendered the same footage at a higher resolution (1424x1424).

Anyone know what causes this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

It might be just one file in the sequence that's flakey and it only shows up with reversal, because you may never have actually sampled the frame in normal mode. This might also have shown up during render only, e.g. when rendering with fields would have sampled the frames at a different time. I'd re-check your sequence. As ´TimeRemapper said, it may also be an issue with teh options you chose for saving the TIFFs. In that case running it through an image viewer/converter like XnView or Maya's f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your 800x800 version also 32bpc? It looks like your larger version is, although your project is set to 8bpc. What app are you generating the .tifs in? Can you check your framebuffer settings to see if there might be something there that's causing a conflict?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be just one file in the sequence that's flakey and it only shows up with reversal, because you may never have actually sampled the frame in normal mode. This might also have shown up during render only, e.g. when rendering with fields would have sampled the frames at a different time. I'd re-check your sequence. As ´TimeRemapper said, it may also be an issue with teh options you chose for saving the TIFFs. In that case running it through an image viewer/converter like XnView or Maya's fcheck utilty might fix the problems...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mylenium you were right to guess that it was one corrupted tiff that was not initialy read while previewing the frames in the original order. To fix the issue I just had to re-render the frames which was a shame because I had to render the scene three different times to get a range of frames containing zero file corruption. TimeRemapper- I used Keyshot 3 to render the clown pass which is what you see here.

Thanks for the help guys!

Much appreciation.

-Zander Henkels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines