• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Crashes After Launching Other Programs, Especially Quickbooks

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experienced multiple Robohelp issues on multiple machines.  I appreciate this forums patience as we work through these issues.  Support has been useless.  Anyway, when we have a project open in Robohelp 9 and we launch other programs it will normally lock up Robohelp.  This doesn't happen every time, but at least 50% approx.  We've noticed this is particulary true with running Quickbooks after opening Robohelp 9.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Also, are there any known issues with Windows 7 64bit and Robohelp? One of our PCs is running Windows 7 now but all the others are still xp 32 bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the projects located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about the past two weeks we have been copying them down from the server to the local workstation of whomever is working on them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running any source control? I ask because I found that RoboSource had installed itself & was running as a service on my machine even when I didn't need or use source control. Disabling the services improved my performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to Jeff's comments...

Are you copying down by using copy and paste? If so zip on the server and copy the zip file.

In your first post in this thread you say "Also, are there any known issues with Windows 7 64bit and Robohelp?" Please see the Sticky Topic "Before You Post" where it is requested that all threads start with the version of RoboHelp used. Both 8 (patched) and 9 should work fine but there may be problems with earlier versions.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp