• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner training resources

Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings RoboHelpers,

I've recently downloaded a trial copy of RoboHelp 9 and am just trying to get oriented. My help production system is currently based on Frame 8 and Quadralay WebWorks, so at least I have some single-sourcing experience.

I've been plowing through the product help, but as the "Getting Started" section doesn't actually seem to provide much meaningful assistance in terms of ... well, actually "getting started", I was wondering if there's not some basic resource somewhere that would walk one through setting up a project, mapping styles and generating some basic output, etc. to start getting a feel for the product. 

I dabbled with RoboHelp years back prior to the Adobe aquisition - it certainly seems to be vastly more extensive compared to those early days. In particular, I'm hoping that RoboHelp is more customization-friendly than WebWorks, which I've been finding to be too kludgey and brittle in many respects. I appreciate any tutorial suggestions anyone might have, as well as any input w/respect to the whole WebWorks v. RoboHelp question! 

Cheers, Brian S.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Rick's (@Captiv8r) Goober Guides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I'll check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's also a bunch of stuff on Peter Grainge's website (grainge.org) and Rick's RoboWizard site (robowizard.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp