Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links for external users using webhelp

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2006 Sep 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have a webhelp project in X5 and bring in many external pages for many of the topics and use a redirect refresh link inthe html of each page to bring in the page form the external site.

I want to produce links to the exact pages. When I produce the link to the direct page, the web page I bring in shows entirely in the page. My menus and top bar are not present, and since the page is external, the "show" link in the top left is not present so users loose the navigation and are removed from the actual site.

I am trying to provide a link to the extact page in webhelp and still have the menus and normal top bar formating appear when I do this. Any idea of how I create the se links in webhelp so i can provide a direct link to a specific page and still have navigation appear?

Thanks,
Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 23, 2006 Sep 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen

Try the following links:

Link number one
Link number two
Link number three

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2006 Sep 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, perfect info. Nice to know all you need to do is add the "#" after the default string with the absolute page path after to get the menu to display with the specific page.

FYI, on the first link the references for the grainge site have all changed....looks like his site is no longer using Robohelp.
http://www.grainge.org/authoring/terminology/terminology.htm
http://www.grainge.org/index.htm

but did get the right info anyway.

Thanks again!

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2006 Sep 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The site was redone at the beginning of this year. There are still many links to demo RoboHelp projects.

All you need for the home page is www.grainge.org, the index.htm bit is not needed.

I'm lost as to the relevance of the terminology link as it does appear to relate to the problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp