• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did RoboHelp install affect other products on my system?

Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yesterday I downloaded a trial version of RoboHelp and - although I suppose there could be some alternate explanation  - the trial installation seems to have changed other Adobe applications on my system without asking.

Specifically, Acrobat Standard seems to have been removed and Distiller, which I use in my current workflow to generate PDFs out of Frame 8, is also disabled.  Attempts to reinstall Acrobat fail with a message stating that a better application is installed on the system. Hey the heck?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably have to use a low level uninstaller like revouninstaller to get rid of all traces of Acrobat & reinstall from your older version of Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.  I was really interested in checking out RoboHelp, but this kind of thing is definitely not OK and does not make a positive impression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lesson in there: don't install trial products on existing production machines ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wondering if the Acrobat PDF Add-on that comes with RoboHelp was installed. It is an option that can be deselected during installation.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp