• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 10 or Coldfusion X release Date

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am planning for next year what kind of projects we will be doing.  I was looking for information on the next version of coldfusion.  I did read some of the blog discussions  In Feb and march about Coldfusion being moved completely to India. Could someone from Adobe update the community on their plan's timelines.

It is interesting how quite that things are. 

So Adobe start getting us excited about the next version.  Let some features leak out.  Put it up in labs. Start giving us material that we can  start invisioning the new great things we are going to develop with it.  Let us know that you are still working on it and that you have amassed a huge team of talented people that are at this point working hard at the next biggest thing.

Just because the marketing and management people are now in India doesn't mean they should forget the main audience.

CF Rocks!!!

Now lets hear it from you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Once CF 10 gets to the public beta stage, then you'll see official things from Adobe about it.  Until then, how could they possibly have anything 'officially' going on in a public sense - that's pretty much the definition of a public beta?  As Dave and others have said, if you do some Googling you'll find quite a bit of good stuff.  Anyone associated with the alpha and non-public beta programs is under NDA and so cannot comment on the accuracy of those postings, but I think if you look at the pe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am planning for next year what kind of projects we will be doing.  I was looking for information on the next version of coldfusion.  I did read some of the blog discussions  In Feb and march about Coldfusion being moved completely to India. Could someone from Adobe update the community on their plan's timelines.

It is interesting how quite that things are.

Pretty much every conference, CFUG, blog post (by Adobe-sanctioned people) show / discuss features that will be present in CF10.  It's not really very quiet.

They will not disclose when the product will be released, because they never do.  However given there is not even a public beta thusfar, I would say it would be at least a quarter off yet.  So I would say "not before Q2 2012".  However that is a complete stab in the dark.

Adobe do not monitor these forums, so you are not actually asking them when you post here.  And even if they did, a community forum is not where they'd be announcing release dates for their products.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was one of the more heartfelt posts I've seen in a while.

As Adam says, they'll tell us when they want to. End of. And what does "ColdFusion being moved completely to India" even mean!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Adam says, they'll tell us when they want to. End of. And what does "ColdFusion being moved completely to India" even mean!?

The dev team have been based over there for a while.  They recently moved all the rest of the business unit out there too.  So all CF operations are not run out of their India office (or one of their India offices, I dunno the structure).

To me this seems like an exercise in isolating/compartmentalising the product as much as they can, to make it easier to sell...

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that the CF development team is located in India and Bangladesh. It's been there for several years, as has the support team. I don't think this has anything to do with compartmentalization, and everything to do with offshoring everything they can. This is where all Adobe's development is heading.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that the CF development team is located in India and Bangladesh. It's been there for several years, as has the support team. I don't think this has anything to do with compartmentalization, and everything to do with offshoring everything they can. This is where all Adobe's development is heading.

As per my previous post, it's not just the dev team, it's the entire division / business unit.  Which is a different approach to the rest of Adobe, and a specific / purposeful move in the context of CF.  So one kind of starts asking questions "now why would they do that?".

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer is simpler than you do, apparently - because they can. If Shantanu could snap his fingers and magically relocate all of Adobe's staff to India, I believe he'd do it. CF is a fairly discrete product from the rest of Adobe's product lines, it's not part of any suite, and it basically sells itself. So, it's easy enough to treat it differently and save money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

India has nothing to do with it.  It was just an example of the last posts that I have been able to fine on searching on Google for Coldfusion 10 or Coldfusion X.  Is when the Product Management and marketing moved to india.  Then there isn't much.  I don't hear the message getting out.  Maybe they are talking to people that are labeld community professionals but I don't hear much from the lists I follow.  And your right this is a community forum.   I shouldn't expect adobe to monitor this I just think they would. 

So since Adam and crew know of all the wonderful events and blogs that have Coldfusion X being show cased.  Please feel free to share them.  If you go to the Coldfusion Products page.  http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-family.html  and click on events its broken.  After CFUnited closed I am not sure other than Adobe MAX what events the ( Adobe-sanctioned people) attend or sponsor.    CFObjective is not sponsored by adobe but Railo. 

Let me rephrase the question I originally had to hopefull solicite a more possitive response.

Is there anyone in the community that could share links or information relating to the next version of ACF.   And recommend and ACF sponsored events. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for kicks, I Googled "coldfusion x new features" and came up with a bunch of items. Adobe really only has one event, and that's MAX. Community Professionals are generally under NDA when it comes to unreleased products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Just for kicks, I Googled "coldfusion x new features" and came up with a bunch of items."

One can google all kinds of stuff for "kicks & giggles". This is an Adobe site where the OP's initial inquiry is quite valid. We all love CF and try to get as much info as we can about it. Trying to find something more concrete than just googling is one of the reasons folks come here. Having some random guy lecture them about the "magical world of googling" isn't one of them.

Roger Vengunta

CF Developer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's your point, it's pretty thin. Try Googling "coldfusion 10 new features" and you get a longer list. But how many links do you need for an unreleased product that's in private beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once CF 10 gets to the public beta stage, then you'll see official things from Adobe about it.  Until then, how could they possibly have anything 'officially' going on in a public sense - that's pretty much the definition of a public beta?  As Dave and others have said, if you do some Googling you'll find quite a bit of good stuff.  Anyone associated with the alpha and non-public beta programs is under NDA and so cannot comment on the accuracy of those postings, but I think if you look at the people behind them you'll see that they are well-respected members of the CF community, and aren't the types to just make up stuff.  You will also find a couple of sessions from Max that went into quite a bit of detail, including demos, and were done by Adobe CF engineers and product managers, and so you should be able to place a lot of value on those, even though they have the caveats that what they are showing in the previews could change (or disappear altogether) in the final release.  The one thing you won't see them answering are questions about the release schedule, at least not until they get into the public beta stage.  That's how these things work.

Since I already have this info in a file that I used at our local user group meeting in October, I'll save you some searching and share it with you since it is all public info anyway:

Zeus info from max (ray Camden)

http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm?&startRow=11

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2011-develop/whats-next-in-coldfusion/

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2011-develop/keeping-current-with-coldfusion/

Zeus & HTML5: 08:45-32:00  (new CFCHART, Websockets, Media/streaming, Mobile)

Enterprise Glue: 32:00-44:00 (Exchange 2010, sharepoint, REST

Developer Productivity: 44:00-55:00 (ORM, EHCache, MSoffice)

-reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Reed for sharing some info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation