• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing / upgrading from Flash 10.1 to Flash 11 in Android. How may I do that?

Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2011 Dec 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got my new tablet, and I am having problems to browse facebook. I can browse it perfectly, but I cannot see the videos of the walls, it says I need a flash upgrade and that I must press over the video to jump to the adobe website, to detect my operating system and browser.

Okay.

I do that, and it says I have a Mac OS X

That is not true!!! I have Android 2.2 !!!

So it is clear the automatic recognition don't work at all and I have to install the new Flash 11.

Okay... I am very confused about this, and I want to do this safely.

First doubt, where may I get the original Adobe Flash APK file with Flash 11 ?

There are a lot of websites that provide APK in a doubtful manner... and well, I'd rather prefer to enter in an official place from Adobe, and download Flash from there. But without automatic recognitions, I just want to download Flash 11 for Android.

How may I do that?

THIS TABLET DON'T HAVE ANDROID MARKET SUPPORT, so I cannot get the APK file from Market.

There are many many tablets that don't support market, and they also need flash to browse the web.

Second doubt... do I need a specific version of Flash for my browser?

How may I know what browser I have installed? I tried to verify this in my tablet and I have no idea of how to do that?

My tablet is this:

http://www.hannspree.com/Global/Product/TabletPC/HANNSpad/SN10T1/

http://www.hannspree.com/HSPv3Images/MicroSite/Hannspad/EU/index.html

I really would appreciate your help with this.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the link you provided, that tablet supports Flash 10.1

To enable it to support Flash 11, a firmware upgrade will be required. I don't see one in the Downloads section, but there are a few User Manuals there. I would suggest downloading the one for your tablet and searching through that. If you don't get any joy, go back to the store where you bought it from and maybe they'll be able to help you.

Here's the Adobe support article for Android 2.2 in case it's of any use to you: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/860/cpsid_86018.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A firmware update?

Why is not possible to update my flash player 10.1 as the other applications? when I update other applications I don't need a firmware update.

Why a firmware update?

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I meant to write "may be required", rather than "will be".

But other contributors may have a different opinion.

Also, have a look around the Android Forums. They might be able to tell you whether 2.2 can support a Flash upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am asking this question also in Android forums, but I wanted a Adobe Employee... reply to me also, because I find quite strange Adobe don't provide a direct link to download the APK?

Why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice text, I've read it.

And well ? what happens? Don't understand.

I even cannot upgrade from Flash 10.1 to Flash 10.3

If are you telling me that Flash 11 is for Android 3 that is not my main problem, because I even cannot upgrade from Flash 10.1 to 10.3

So if Flash 11 is for Android 3 ok understood.

But how may I update from Flash 10.1 to Flash 10.3?

I still having the same problem, I cannot upgrade.

When I activate the Merkamarket (an alternative Market) it detects I have Flash 10.1 and recommend me to apply an update to Flash 10.3

Okay, I apply the update, and cannot be installed.

So I need a way to update the dinosaur (Flash 10.1) to something more recent as Flash 10.3

Also... I dont understand why Adobe don't provide a link to download the APK files of Flash 10.1 or Flash 10.3 ?

All the APK files must be find in alternative websites, but not in the website of the maker (this)

I dont understand that. Why?

If you or someone can guide me step by step about how to upgrade a bit my Flash 10.1 to Flash 10.3 (assuming Flash 11 be just for Android 3) I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to get it from the Android market according to this site: http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2133314/adobe-flash-player-111-brings-ice-cream-sandwich-su...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So seems to be for some POLITICAL REASON Adobe forces you to download it from the Market?

Okay, let's imagine I can get the Adobe Flash Player 10.3 APK file from other ways.

To install it? should I uninstall first Adobe Flash Player 10.1? or is not necessary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines