Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

google search

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to get SEARCH results in a similar way as how the google search produce from my help file using robohelp 9?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Not using the built in search. You can use a third party tool ZoomSearch. See my site for information.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not using the built in search. You can use a third party tool ZoomSearch. See my site for information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in Robohelp Help file it searches same as it does in google search. Is that  also implemented using the third party tool ZoomSearch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. You are saying RoboHelp searches the same as Google but the whole point of the question was that the search is different. I am assuming you want the results to look something like the search on my site and appear in the topic pane.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for being unclear, I want a search similar to that which appears on Adobe Community Help Window. Is it possible to get it through RoboHelp 9. If Yes how? If not what should i do to get in similar way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I want it in similar way as it is in your site http://www.grainge.org. What should i do for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use ZoomSearch. The article on my site explains how to integrate it with RoboHelp.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i know difference between a single project with a single search and a single project with search options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A single search means the user can search say the whole help only.

Search options means you have set up a number of searches so that they can search the whole help OR a limited area. You could set up any number of different areas.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Where should i store the downloaded Zoomsearch tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a program that you install.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded working set up (1.3mb) for a single project with a single search.and stored in C:\. What should I do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to talk to one of your developers or IT to get some assistance. The instructions for making ZoomSearch work with RoboHelp are on my site but the level of questions you are asking suggests you need some local support.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not start a new thread when it is related to this thread.

Rushinissa posted

I have a doubt in Step 3 Setting Up Zoom search.

To perform this step should I need to download Zoom search from www.wrensoft.com? Please help as I need to create my project and give demo tomorrow..Please

Of course you must download and install ZoomSearch from www.wrensoft.com.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I am performing "Start Indexing now" I am getting "Template file has different Charset error".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am really sorry I think I am annoying you a lot. I have a question how to integrate zoom search in PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to ask if you can ask a question. I was just rather surprised that anyone would ask if they had to download an application to be able to use it.

Go ahead but please do check the article on my site first.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! I have checked the article in your website. It says plugins are available to also search PDF and DOC files. They are easy to set up and work well. I use them on a company intranet and they work very well but they are outside the scope of this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to download those plugins from Wrensoft. I found it was much easier to download All Plugins.

http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/plugins.html

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I integrated zoom search with RoboHelp 9 and showed the demo to all my managers. Everyone liked it. Thanks:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it all went well. Please mark the first answer as being correct as it saves others wading through the thread.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through your site and got the solution. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp