• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I conditionalized my graphics in FM to not display before linking; still have space where graphic wa

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FM10/RH9/Windows XP

I conditionalized all of my graphics in Framemaker to not display before I linked the book file to RH.  On the Conversion Settings dialog box in the FrameMaker Settings list box, I selected Other Settings and then selected the Apply FrameMaker Conditional Text Build Expression so that the anchored frame would not display as an empty line in RH.  But the space is there. This used to work fine.

In FM, all images are wrapped in a fig tag. Everything looks great in FM, great in RH, not so great in FlashHelp.

Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have multiple conditions applied to the content in FM? There have been some reports of linked FM books not handling this.

If not, do you have the Show/Hide settings in FM set to not display the text markers on the conditionalize content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using conditional text to put a BETA watermark in the left margin of the doc. No other conditions than that.

I actually used FrameSLT to write a script to conditionalize the graphics. This is the expression I used:

self::Fig[image]

By text markers, do you mean the Show Condition Indicators on the Show/Hide Conditional Text dialog box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes, those are what I meant. I missed the bit about these being graphics (I got focused on the Conditionalizing); maybe the paragraph where the anchor is located isn't being conditioned. Perhaps some screen shots would be better - FM page before condition (text symbols on); FM page after applying the Show/Hide and then one of the resulting RH topic ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I took a few minutes to look at a large number of topics and most of the topics seem to be behaving correctly. So I can live with it. Looks like I have a bigger problem in that my numbering in quite a number of my procedures is all off. I’m using the same css as last release and the numbering was great. I’ll have to see if there are any discussion topics that address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, the issue is probably in the particular FM pages that are misbehaving.

Ah lists - there's a whole whack of posts about that issue. See the FM Integration forum, the TCS team blog, Matt Sullivan's blog, and Peter Grainge's website - it usually comes down to CSS tweaks. I bring all mine in as plain text - they're a bit messed up in their indentation, but I can live with it for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m a veteran of the lists wars, but it seems with every release we make some kind of formatting change in FM and I forget that ramifications that it has on RH.

Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp