• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I upgrade Flash manually to whatever Adobe Flash Player Install Manager wants to do?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting periodic panels from "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" telling me that there is a Flash update, but so far I haven't been able to puzzle out whether this is

a) a real upgrade from adobe rather than a trojan horse from God-only-knows-who;

b) if it is a real upgrade, what will be the version after installation, so that I can decide whether I want to install it or not;

c) if I do want to install it, how to get that version and install it manually

This is what the panel looks like:

Screen shot 2011-12-21 at 10.31.39 AM.png

Pushing the "See details..." link takes me to the basically useless page http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/releasenotes .html#p10 which anyone can write a link to, and gives no clue as the what would actually be downloaded and installed and where it would come from.

If I have a url that is at adobe.com and has a file that I can download and install -- and I can see for myself that it is COMING from adobe.com -- then I will download and install it.  But I sure as hell am not going to push the "INSTALL" button and put in an Administrator username/password on some random panel of unknown origin that just pops up on my computer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines