• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbered/Lettered lists in RH8

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to list procedures?  1., 2., 3. for main steps and a., b., c. for sub-steps, bullets for options for either main or sub-steps.  I cannot figure out the best solution to do this, as I cannot get numbered lists to work properly.  I did search on the forums, however, there was nothing definitive.  Currently, this is my code for a step:

rh_code.png

After the next step, the numbering continues as such.  Step 1, then step a, b, c.  Step 2, then d, e, f.

This has always been an issue with me importing Word docs in RH5 and in RH8.   Is there a particular way to set up the Word template before importing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Have you seen Peter's site on this? http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/lists/lists.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen Peter's site on this? http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/lists/lists.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It's sorta funky the way it works, but have you looked at the Multi-Level lists feature that appeared with version 8?

The toolbar icon is here:

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Guys!  I was just reading through an old forum post where it seems that the styles in Word (in my case) are incorrect.  The template was set up with paragraph styles and not list styles, therefore, I am forever trying to cleanup the code. 

So it appears that I should change the Word doc styles to a list style, then utilize some of Peter Grainges tips.

Thanks for including the links.  Hopefully this becomes MUCH less painful in the future.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp