• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash for my older system will NOT install as per your instructions

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2011 Dec 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help ... not only can I NOT "reply" to others in these discussions, for some weird reason ... there is absolutely no "reply" button that I can see here ... but when I discovered over the past few days that I can no longer view video clips shared on FaceBook, I followed the directions on YOUR site here, to uninstall Flash, so that I could then reinstall a (hopefully) upgraded version of Flash. Now, I'm totally without Flash, because you don't support the PowerPC's anymore! Also, I've followed instructions provided by one of your forum employees, to try to install the older version of Flash again, and that fails too. Even when opening up the "package" icon, which appears when you right-click the dmg download file. That does not work either! HELP!

I'm on a Mac G5 PowerPC using Mac OS 10.4.11. How do I get flash back? Will I now need to reinstall it using my original Tiger OS software disk??? What a mess this is! Why can't you simply continue to support older systems?

Thank you for any help you can offer. I'm extremely frustrated with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I'm on a bit of a mission spreading the word... I also have a Mac OSX 10.411 (power p.c.). All of the Mac's without Intell went down. Adobe no longer supports power pc's; they only support Mac's with Intell.

The good news is there actually is a simple fix:

* Follow this link and instruction, which are simple (make sure you leave no spaces) 

Download to your desktop, unzip it, and replace the current Flash Player plug-in which is in your main/Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder, (not the user Library). Save the old one just in case this one doesn't work.http://www.steelbin.com/FPforFBPPC.zip

It worked for me, and all the other "older" Mac users.

Good luck,

Julie R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines