• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't republish to the same live event after deleting the existing stream files.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I got a live event called game in "C:\FMSHOME\applications\livepkgr\events\_definst_\game" and push a MBR stream for awhile and see the ".stream" files being created, everything works good.

However whenever I stop the stream, delete the contents and try to republish another stream to this event name never recreates the '.stream' files or stream directories.

1. Delete the files "C:\FMSHOME\applications\livepkgr\events\_definst_\game\Msadsaasa.stream","C:\FMSHOME\applications\livepkgr\events\_definst_\game\Msadsaasa.stream".

2. Delete all the stream directories - "C:\FMSHOME\applications\livepkgr\streams\_definst_\game1", "C:\FMSHOME\applications\livepkgr\streams\_definst_\game2".

Is this normal behavior or is there a default waiting peroid before reusing an event name? Should I only publish to a liveevent name once?

Thanks,

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

There is nothing like a default waiting period. You can republish as soon as you stop. Can you check your core logs and let me know any warnings/errors reported ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears this is an Amazon-related problem that has been going on for a while:

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=334447

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=332344

At this point, even with FMS 4.5, each stream name has a life of one successful stream.  After you broadcast using that stream name, you have to change.  Seems silly, but that's been my experience.  Hope Amazon can get their act together and resolve this quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines