• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Read-only

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create my PDF document from my read-only PDF? Using acrobat or Distiller. I saved the previous doc as Post Script

and ran it throught the distiller. But it still givers me a little blue box, read-only.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the pdf is password protected you cannot remove it by redistilling. You need the password to remove the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: Mike

Its no password. This is a 2001 file I created on the distiller. I can save this file and distill it all day, but I need to know what I am doing wrong. 

I need to get the blue read-only box on the top of the file removed. acrobat X

thx greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the security settings to be sure there is no security set? If you are trying to distill it to the same file, it could be it is opened in Acrobat and so you can not overwrite it or that the original file is read-only in the OS. Look at the file properties in that case. If you are trying to use a network drive, try sending it locally and then copying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the read-only box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a screen camera, but have figured it out.The original word conversion was 2005 compliant. If you check this box you stuck with a file 

that has this paticular drop-down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's blue, it will be the box indicating the file is being displayed in PDF/A vew mode.

To temporarily hide the box for all documents, go to Preferences > Documents and set PDF/A view mode to "never" - but you should set it back again after you've finished working with the document.

To remove the PDF/A header information from this particular file, you should run the Acrobat Preflight fixup of that name. There's an Acrobat X Action at AcrobatUsers to automate it.

Pintoffrog wrote:

I need to get the blue read-only box on the top of the file removed. acrobat X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you created the file, then why not go back to the application you used and recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines