• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows vista flash player

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to install the flash player to my windows vista, it appears to download but never works.  always get the message that i need to download it.  checking the file i see it is entered but shows no

content so it really never did download.  any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

herbdes wrote:

i have windows vista home premium,  32 bit.  when  download, all seeems to run just fine.  takes about 20 oe 30 seconds.  announces that the installation is complete.  even get an opportunity to play some silly game.  but it does not work and when called upon i get a message that i should download flahplayer 11 now.  so i looked in the list of programs under uninstall, and i see that adobe flash player active x and the plugin are both listed.  but niether shows any corresponding pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When posting, please provide:

• Operating system version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • The Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2011 Dec 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have windows vista home premium, 32 bit. when download, all seeems to run just fine. takes about 20 oe 30 seconds. announces that the installation is complete. even get an opportunity to play some silly game. but it does not work and when called upon i get a message that i should download flahplayer 11 now. so i looked in the list of programs under uninstall, and i see that adobe flash player active x and the plugin are both listed. but niether shows any corresponding program length. that column entry is simply not there. any other info i can supply? i do really appreciate your response. herb dessner

-

"Carl E. Myers Jr." <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

Carl E. Myers Jr. created the discussion

"Re: windows vista flash player"

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4101645#4101645

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2011 Dec 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

herbdes wrote:

that column entry is simply not there.

That is correct.  Flash Player is just a browser add-on, not an executable program; that's why there is no program size listed.

You still haven't told us what browser you use.

Also, what files you have in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

herbdes wrote:

i have windows vista home premium,  32 bit.  when  download, all seeems to run just fine.  takes about 20 oe 30 seconds.  announces that the installation is complete.  even get an opportunity to play some silly game.  but it does not work and when called upon i get a message that i should download flahplayer 11 now.  so i looked in the list of programs under uninstall, and i see that adobe flash player active x and the plugin are both listed.  but niether shows any corresponding program length. that column entry is simply not there.  any other info i can supply?  i do really appreciate your response.  herb dessner

Does the menu look like this?

ie_flash_player.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2011 Dec 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much.  turns it it was downloading but it was marked as disabled.  i had no idea that i needed to check that.  i enabled both downloads and tried it out and all is well.  best   herb  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2011 Dec 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the full installer from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines