• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe digital editions will not finish downloading ebook even after double clicking on hard drive .

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE will not download and open the ebook automatially. After locating the .ascm (ebook) file on the hard drive and double clicking on that, it still will not open in ADE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try dragging the ACSM file to ADE.  It is possible that you might need to set the file associations for ADE to open ACSM files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try dragging it and it won't go in. How do I set the file association for ADE to open ACSM files?

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:18:20 -0700

To: boyd5727@msn.com

Subject: Adobe digital editions will not finish downloading ebook even after double clicking on hard drive .

Re: Adobe digital editions will not finish downloading ebook even after double clicking on hard drive .

created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Try dragging the ACSM file to ADE. It is possible that you might need to set the file associations for ADE to open ACSM files.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC OS

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:25:19 -0700

Subject: Adobe digital editions will not finish downloading ebook even after double clicking on hard drive .

Re: Adobe digital editions will not finish downloading ebook even after double clicking on hard drive .

created by Jeff A Wright in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Which operating system are you using?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the ACSM file or option click and go to Open With and select Other.  You can then navigate to your Adobe Digital Editions and set the file to open with that.

I would then recommend closing Digital Editions, if you have it open, and try double clicking the file.  If Adobe Digital Editions opens then the file association is still correct.  If you continue to have difficulties then I would recommend contacting the vendor you obtained the e-book from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that and after I close the ADE and double click on the file, ADE opens right up and it looks like it is downloading (very fast), but nothing shows up in the ADE.

How do I only get emails from you and not all the other people on the discussion?

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:48:24 -0700

Right click on the ACSM file or option click and go to Open With and select Other. You can then navigate to your Adobe Digital Editions and set the file to open with that. I would then recommend closing Digital Editions, if you have it open, and try double clicking the file. If Adobe Digital Editions opens then the file association is still correct. If you continue to have difficulties then I would recommend contacting the vendor you obtained the e-book from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only you an I in the discussion so there was no additional e-mails from this thread.  You can always select the option to receive e-mail notifications.  It is located in the top right hand corner under actions.

Peteylugg123!@# it does sound like Adobe Digital Editions is functioning correctly.  I would recommend you contact the provider of the e-book at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I keep getting emails from other people who are have downloading problems. I went to My Stuff and selected preferences and email notifications and selected No on every thing and I am still getting emails.

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:34:23 -0700

There is only you an I in the discussion so there was no additional e-mails from this thread. You can always select the option to receive e-mail notifications. It is located in the top right hand corner under actions. Peteylugg123!@# it does sound like Adobe Digital Editions is functioning correctly. I would recommend you contact the provider of the e-book at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening Internet Explorer and go to tools, delete the temp Internet files as well as the locally cached Internet pages.

Merry Christmas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines