Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Uninstall Flash 10,2,152,33

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2011 Dec 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have Flash version 10,2,152,33 installed on my Mac OS X 10.6.8.  I have tried uninstalling with the uninstaller utility but it will not uninstall, I go back to the Adobe Flash page and it still says it is installed despite the uninstaller completing and saying it was uninstalled successfully.  I want to be able to update to 11 but even when I install that it still says I have 10,2,152,33 after an uninstall and a reinstall.  Any help or suggestions?

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried all the instructions on that page. I used the uninstall utility and that did not work either. After using the utility, flash is still installed as when I go to a website that uses flash it still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Safari, Version 5.1.2 (6534.52.7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have the debugger version installed. Click here to check.

If that is what you have installed, then download this uninstaller to remove it: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/192/tn_19254.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I do not have the debugger version installed.  Is there some sort of manual way to remove it from a MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osubrinkster wrote:

Unfortunately I do not have the debugger version installed.  Is there some sort of manual way to remove it from a MAC?

Do you have some kind of antivirus or other security program running when you attempt to uninstall? If so, disable it because these utilities usually incorporate a file scanner which springs into action as soon as you try to install or remove something from your system. That interferes with the process and the action you're trying to perform fails.

Here's the link to the uninstaller again which Carl provided above: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90906.html#main_10.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any additional security software installed, unless something came on this computer i'm not aware of.  Is there a way to check?  The uninstaller says that Flash is uninstalled successfully, but yet when I go to the Flash homepage it still says it is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osubrinkster wrote:

I don't have any additional security software installed, unless something came on this computer i'm not aware of.  Is there a way to check?  The uninstaller says that Flash is uninstalled successfully, but yet when I go to the Flash homepage it still says it is installed.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the mac operating system or its menus, but I assume there would be a link to any security app you happen to have installed somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not really required to have additional security software on a mac... I did disable my firewall and that didn't do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also uninstalled and reinstalled Safari and ran the Flash uninstaller again with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

osubrinkster wrote:

It's not really required to have additional security software on a mac... I did disable my firewall and that didn't do anything

No offence, but I think that point of view is a little naive in today's world. Just google for "mac vulnerabilities" and you'll find quite a few which you may not be aware of. For example, have a look at these:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines