Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print drop-down and expanded text

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2006 Sep 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know if it possible to print drop-down and expanded texts for several topics included in a table of contents when an user print help?

Thanks for your help.

Maryse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maryse

Are you compiling HTML help into a CHM file or generating webhelp?

Only a CHM gives the user the option to print more than one topic, they can either print a single topic OR all the topics in a book. That will not however give them the dropdown or expanding text.

In Webhelp they can only print one topic and by default it will not include dropdown or expanded text.

What YOU can do in both cases is create a PDF of the topics that the user can open and print by clicking on an icon or a hyperlink.

Also you can add Print buttons that will cause the printing of a single topic to include the text you want.

Take a look around my site. The Print buttons are included within this topic.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter,

I am generated CHM files and I create already PDF files from Printed Documentation. Theses guides take a lot of time and we try to find another solution to stop PDF guides releases.

You Web site is very nice; I added it to my favorites.

Thanks again,

Maryse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp